Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Well I am 37 and have yet to have a baby. I have conceived 3 times, but ended in early miscarriages.
    My doctors have reassured me that I am not old and that I still have time.
    My GP told me she had her boys in her early 40s.
    I think 45 should be the new "cut off" age. A lot of people don't marry til they are in their 30s and it's not only people that were focused on their careers. It is tough to find Mr. (or Mrs.) Right.

Quote Originally Posted by niteowl13 View Post
    Well I am 37 and have yet to have a baby. I have conceived 3 times, but ended in early miscarriages.
    My doctors have reassured me that I am not old and that I still have time.
    My GP told me she had her boys in her early 40s.
    I think 45 should be the new "cut off" age. A lot of people don't marry til they are in their 30s and it's not only people that were focused on their careers. It is tough to find Mr. (or Mrs.) Right.
    That's exactly why I haven't had kids yet -- I've been focused on my career AND I haven't found Mr. Right yet. I'm just worried that if I wait too long, I won't be able to conceive. But as I said earlier, there's always adoption. There are plenty of children in need of a loving home, and I don't mind opening up my home and heart to them.
    Worried your child may never find his/her name on a keychain, license plate, etc.? Try this NEW way of personalizing gifts and accessories and choose the name you've always wanted for your baby! BoyGirlStuff.com

Well, I'm just one example--but I'm 43 and pregnant with our first-and-only. I got pregnant unexpectedly after 18 months of trying and one failed round of IVF. Maybe you can't count on having kids in your forties, but I suspect the sense of alarm around waiting is overblown, especially if you're in good health.