Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Naming Agatha's older brother...

His name used to be Theodore "Ted", but I can't use that because it's too close to another character's name. So I need a new name for him, preferably one with a nickname that his family calls him. He's 18, his last name is Van Rossum, his sister's name is Agatha Fleur, and his mother is an English teacher (she named his sister after Agatha Christie, so I think maybe his name should be after an author as well).
    Also, his father's family is from the Netherlands, so his middle name should probably be Dutch.
    Thank you in advance to anyone who answers.
    Teen writer, pianist, sci-fi geek, cat-owner and name enthusiast.

Calvin Augustus ~ Matilda Josephine
    Roland | Walter | Alonzo | Orson | Beatrice | Elspeth | Agatha | Sunny
    Fitzgerald | Winston | Montgomery | Hugo | Clemency | Zelda | Astrid | Ophelia

I like Auden and Edmund from those previous suggested, but Edmund and Agatha sound the best. It might be a bit too outré, but what about Pelham? Good luck!

I'd go for Agatha Fleur and Victor Jens van Rossum.

I know Jens is more Danish than Dutch but I love the sound it all makes together ^_^
    Last edited by renrose; July 7th, 2013 at 06:09 PM.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Austen for a first name, like Jane Austen with the last name turned in to the first name. I also like:
    Charles
    Alfred
    Sherlock-not an author, but Agatha Christie writes mystery, so I thought it would work. Other popular mystery names would work, too, like John or even Watson used as a first name (although that would be kind of odd)
    Scott
    Mark or Twain
    Oscar
    George
    Lewis

Sorry, I don't know any Dutch names!
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski