Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    It's not giving up at all! If you love a name I don't think how popular it is should matter I think Peter, Stephen, Brendan and Jacob make a great sibset.
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

I think as long as you really love the name, popularity shouldn't matter. It's a handsome, respectable name. So what if he's not the only Jacob in his class? Plus, if he's going by Jake most of the time, that sets him a bit apart.

I happen to like many of the top 10 names- they are top ten for a reason... Many are truly beautiful names. I like Jacob. I say use it!
    Mi corazón
    Zoe Milena

Quote Originally Posted by ebg718 View Post
    Yeah, that doesn't bother me. My husband and I both have Top-10 names for our generation, and it has never been a problem or upset us. see "Jacob" and roll her eyes, like, "Oh look, ANOTHER one." I suppose, though, that it really doesn't matter. This is sort of the ultimate navel-gazing, isn't it?
    As a teacher, I can assure you that the only names that teachers roll their eyes at are kre8tive spellngs, made-up names and absurd word names. Normal names like Jacob/Jake are always welcome.

Jacob is a great name, strong history, ages well, cute nn (Jake, which is why I assume your kids like it....my youngest named her new Build a Bear "Izzy" because of the show, lol) etc. Maybe you can compromise and put it as the middle name, and honor the wish of your other kids that way? Linus wanted to name Vio "Thomas" or "Diesel 10" when I was pregnant with her and strangely enough we put Liesel on the list except thought it "looked" to similar to his name..but that is another story...)

Top ten names when *not trendy* (meaning, popular for a short time then off into oblivion, like mine was....) are usually solid. It just matters if you care that its that popular.
    Unless you are really smitten with it and feel that is his name, then go for it! Either way, a fun story, thanks Disney Jr!
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)