Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    If it makes you feel better, Jacob drops down to No. 3 in popularity (on the 2011 NameNerds popularity chart) if you consider all of the spellings of a particular name together (i.e. Aiden, Aden, Ayden, etc. all count as one name since they are pronounced the same). See http://www.namenerds.com/uucn/pop.html.

Jacob has been going strong for thousands of years. It's a fine name, and there's a reason why it's perennially popular! I wouldn't worry about it having the top spot if you like it.

Laura & Derek

Beatrix - Camille/a - Eleanor (Lena) - Isla - Lila - Leonie - Margot
    Arthur - Clark - Gabriel - Graham - Locke/Lachlan - Shepherd

Guilty Pleasures:
    Andromeda - Lúthien - Vesper - Zephyr

You've found a name you both like, that goes beautifully with your other kids' names, and that no one else in your big family has used. That sounds like a triple win to me!
    ----
    Mom to N
    Malcolm, Tristan, Aaron, Garrett, Vincent
    Iris, Bridget, Bonnie, Averill, Petra

Not at all! If you love the name, then use it. Personally, I love Jake, but not Jacob.

It's totally not giving up! If you love the name, use it. Just because it's popular overall doesn't mean that every kid you meet is gonna have it. Who cares if someone else thinks you just used it because it was the number one? Clearly you didn't if your other boys don't have top 10 names.

It's a great name!
    Your kids' names are all strong classics, names with history, and Jacob fits right into that. It's not giving up unless you don't love it, and that has nothing to do with its popularity.

Do you want any other name suggestions, or do you just need reassurance that you don't always have to be a Special Snowflake to be accepted here?

You have fantastic taste.