Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Corinne/Carinne/Karinne...? WDYT?

Hey again!

So many of you know from my previous posts that the name Corinne is a very strong contender for our baby girl that's due in December. But hubby and I are having a bit of a debate over the spelling! Hubby very much dislikes the nickname Cori - but he very much likes Cari (like car-ee). So I know Berries tend to strongly favor the traditional spellings of names... and that's why I'm asking for specific feedback on this one. Is Karinne acceptable so that we can avoid Cori? Or even Carinne? Which one's better? What do you think?

Thanks so much! Full name will be Corinne/Carinne/Karinne Joelle van den last name...
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

Corinne. If you really want the Cari nickname, I'd go with Karina "Kari".
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Corinne and call her Rinn. Carinne to me is just Karen. You could always name her Corinne and call her Cari. Its no big deal - Florence's get called Flo and it's not exactly how its said in the original name, Maggie for Margaret is another example.
    Good luck!
    Please vote on my names list http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831892

Current favs:
    Mary Wildflower, Fae, Edith (Edie), Ida, Jean, Winifred (Winnie), Phaedra, Pearl, Thisbe, Magnolia, Catherine

Arto, Lawson, William, Rupert, Albert, Wetherell, Cedar

Rabbits Eleanore Saffron Nightingale & Gethin Abraham Jubilee(Bob/Bobby), Lizard Ute (German Ooteh), Guinea pigs Marmaduke Hubbard & Algernon (LG)

I really think with nicknames you can go with whatever you want. You won't, however, be able to control what other people call her. To me, Carinne and Karinne would be Karen.

If you don't like Cori, then I like Rachelemma's suggestion of Rinn.
    Little Bean arriving September 2014

Zoe | Noemí Esther
    Lucas Emmanuel | Levi Alexander

Adele | Adira | Arabella | Aurora | Eliana | Elizabeth | Milena | Susannah | Zara

Corinne, otherwise Karina/Karena.

(P.S. Rinn is so cute! I've never heard that...)
    Cassia | Phoebe | Emmeline | Matilda | Oona | Sylvie | Dahlia | Rosalind | Vivienne | Miranda
    Milo | Emmett | Sebastian | Theodore | Lucian | Rafferty | Matteo | Vincent | Donovan | Wesley