Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Naming 'X'

If Constance weren't already associated with a character in my mind, I might say Constance, too.
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

Constance Black. Connie's the perfect awful nickname for teasing, flirtatious or otherwise.

With the nickname Connie instead of the full thing, I can see that more for your character. I don't really see a 14-year-old hauling around the name Constance, but Connie I can see.
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

I like Constance Black, it sounds like its a great fit for your character!!

I like the surname Mackenzie, but I just cannot get behind the name Lola. It does not say "smart girl" to me. Constance Black with the nickname Connie is good. I also like the combination Lucy Halloran.