Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Nausea

I've been pretty lucky in past pregnancies. This one however seems to be knocking me on my butt.
    I've been quite sick for the last two weeks. I'm very glad that the three oldest are at grandmas for the week so that I can have a break with just the twins. I used to just get nausea but this time it's been all day vomiting.
    Happily married mother of six, Matilda, Eloise, Walter and twins Ramona and Bernadette and newest addition Arthur.

I am the mother of five, and expecting my sixth and seventh!

For most of my pregnancy's it's been ok, but for this one the sickness is terrible!

I think I should just move into the bathroom!

I don't get any warning about it, I just throw up everywhere.

I only have two weeks left, and I've been vomiting for the last eight months!

I feel crap.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinetina View Post
    I've been pretty lucky in past pregnancies. This one however seems to be knocking me on my butt.
    I've been quite sick for the last two weeks. I'm very glad that the three oldest are at grandmas for the week so that I can have a break with just the twins. I used to just get nausea but this time it's been all day vomiting.
    You are sooooooooooooooooooo lucky

Quote Originally Posted by bigmum View Post
    I am the mother of five, and expecting my sixth and seventh!

For most of my pregnancy's it's been ok, but for this one the sickness is terrible!

I think I should just move into the bathroom!

I don't get any warning about it, I just throw up everywhere.

I only have two weeks left, and I've been vomiting for the last eight months!

I feel crap.
    I thought you were the mother of six and expecting triplets and are nine months pregnant (WITH TRIPLETS?!?!)?
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

It varies with all women, it seems. My mother was never sick for a minute with any of us, but I had a dreadful time. I'm sorry to say I don't think you can train yourself not to throw up - when you're pregnant, it just happens.
    My first pregnancy, the nausea started around 10 weeks and was pretty much constant. Both the nausea and vomiting were more manageable if I made sure to never let myself get too hungry - but this is tricky when the thought of food makes you sick. The vomiting stopped abruptly at 17 weeks but the nausea continued til I delivered at 33 weeks. It seemed to help to eat peanut butter on crackers or half a peanut butter sandwich before I even got out of bed in the morning.
    With the second pregnancy, I got sick earlier and more intensely. It didn't matter what time or what I ate. I threw up all day long, 3 or 4 or more times. It's really disgusting, especially when you have to throw up in a public restroom at work. I lost 20 pounds and had to go on anti-vomiting medication which helped a little, especially during the day. I was sick the whole pregancy from about 8 weeks to 38 when I delivered. Also (this is TMI), because I had previously carried a baby, there were other more disgusting things that happened when I vomited. Apparently totally normal but seriously demoralizing. So I had to sit on the toilet and vomit into a trash can or something.
    But like others have said, you manage to get through it. And like labor, the memory kind of fades and I start to wonder what the big deal about it was, anyway. I have two beautful, healthy girls and I would do it again in a heartbeat.