Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    My dad wanted to name me Keziah, but my mom thought it was too weird and insisted on Emily or Savannah.
    In the end, they named me Ashley Clara Keziah.
    ~ Ashley ~

Girls: Phoebe Elizabeth, Ivy Teresa, Josephine Grace
    Boys: Michael Ryan, Jethro Nicholas, Felix Everett, Noah Robert

I'm Erin and I was almost called Jane. If I was a boy I was going to be Callum or Joseph, I think.
    My Cubs:
    Arlo Tobin - Oct 2010
    Nola Valerie - May 2013
    Rory Everett - May 2013

I'm Holly, but the contenders were Eliza, Daisy, Poppy and Isobel. I wish that my parents had called me Eliza!

If I was boy I was going to be called William, Lloyd or Sid.

This is a good story in my family. My parents had decided for sure on Rebecca Jo. Christina had been a name that they had discussed since I was due on Christmas, but they settled on Rebecca. When I was born my mom decided I actually was a Christina Lynn but somehow neglected to mention this to my father. Apparently they just called me "the baby" when they were together the first day or two, but my mom told the family she talked to that my name was Christina and my dad told everyone he talked to it was Rebecca. My dad said someone was talking about Christina and he was like "who's that" and they looked at him like he was crazy "Um, you're daughter?" Some of my extended family thought my name was Rebecca for weeks after I was born! Good communication skills my parents had apparently. :P

I like Rebecca on it's own, but they said they probably would have ended up calling me Becca which did not flow well with my last name, a two syllable B name with a hard C sound! I do wish they had stuck with the mn Jo. Both Jo and Lynn have family connections but Lynn was SUCH a common mn in the early 80s.

Oh and my brother who was 12 at the time ran a very passionate campaign to name me Holly, which he thought was such a great name and thought it would be fantastic because of my due date. Apparently he was super disappointed it was vetoed. Ha ha he still talks about it every now and then.
    Last edited by namesage; June 26th, 2013 at 09:32 PM.
    Top 20
    Silas/Cyrus~Gideon~Jasper~Mack(Cormac)~Callum
    Gus(August)~Abram(Abraham)~Everett~Langston~Jed/Jeb(Jedidiah/Jebediah)
    Rafferty~Leo(Leander)~Tobin~Archie(Archer)~Ike(Mic ah)
    Dexter~Remy(Jeremiah)~Ezra~Raleigh~Linc(Lincoln)

Willa(Wilhelmina)~Selah~Lettie(Arletta)~Romy(Rosem ary)~Cora(Coretta)
    Cecelia/Celia~Calla(Calista)~Nola(Magnolia)~Winnie(Winola) ~Maeve
    Rosalie~Maisy~Tilly(Matilda)~Ada(Adelaide)~Junie(J uniper)
    Nova(November)~Tess(Teresa)~Zara~Hazel~Iris

formerly chrbaker

I was almost Marit. I would have preferred that and I often use it as a pseudonym.
    Mom to Sylvia Caron and Linus Roman