Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    Seraphina is very possibly the most beautiful girls' name there is. I love it.
    Agreed, it's right up there. I have a much, much easier time picturing Seraphina on an adult than something like, say, Dylan on a girl, or Lola Plus, Seraphina has so much history and class. It just sparkles. (please vote!)

Just lurking since the birth of my son S. G. A.
    Zorina, Faustine, Castalia, Vasilisa, Oriana, Anaxandra, Sebastiana
    ... Alaric, Silvan, Alistair, Stellan, Rainer, Caspian, Theron, Salvatore

I think it's a very beautiful name and agree that if she wanted to shorten it, Sara(h) is a workable nn. But as it stands alone, it is just a super name.

I think it's pretty, theoretically, but a little bit over-the-top in practice. It strikes me as a bit pretentious, but my style tends to include mainly shorter, no-frills names. Four syllables feels like a mouthful to me! Seraphine does make it a bit more manageable, but...It just seems a little like going the long way around to get to a sweet, simple nickname like Sera.

On the other hand, I do slightly prefer the Latin spelling - Serafina. I also like the fact that Finn could be a nickname as well, steering away from the hyper-girly. Fina is cute too, without being too unique, since it's not far off from Nina, Gina, etc. It also has some great history/mythology, being a biblical name and the name of a saint.

What a great thread! Thanks so much for your input! The Dr. test is a terrific idea, namelover77. And, you're right, Seraphine is a beautiful name for anyone. I am always attracted to -a endings over - e endings, but that could change (I'm very indecisive). I like - as many of you mentioned - that Sera (or Sara/Sarah) could be a nickname. I think she would have to choose that on her own as she got older, though. Seraphina is such a gorgeous name that I couldn't pass up saying the full version whenever possible.

British Columbia
    I think it's lovely and would do well on a little girl and a fullgrown woman!
    ~Adelaide ~ Octavia~ Eulalie~ Clementine~ Magnolia~ Coralie~ Josephine~
    ~Frederick~ Alistair~ Malachi~ Edward~Julian~ Nathaniel ~ Theodore~