Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I really like Watson - it's quirky and strong and has good allusions. My one concern is the lack of nickname potential but that might not be a concern for you.
    ~ "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names" ~

today's favorites: Marina, Arden and Arthur, Inigo.

From today's "almost unique names" I decided to see what names in my state were given to only 5 kids last year and was surprised to see there were 5 Watsons born in my state in 2012.

I like it. It reminds me of Sherlock.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

I think it's useable. Tons of people use surnames and -son names. The only thing unique in this case is the Sherlock connection.
    Cassia | Phoebe | Emmeline | Matilda | Oona | Sylvie | Dahlia | Rosalind | Vivienne | Miranda
    Milo | Emmett | Sebastian | Theodore | Lucian | Rafferty | Matteo | Vincent | Donovan | Wesley

I think it's too much of a "surname" to be used without very strong reasons (grandmother's maiden name, extreme Sherlockian, etc).

However, Walter, with the medieval nickname Wat (or even Watson, occasionally) would be fabulous.
    Bertrand -bertie-, Wilfred, Léon, Axel, Cuthbert -cubby-, Maxentius, Aubrey, Phoebus, John-Henry.
    Émilienne, Livia, Annabella -abbey-, Maud, Rosamund, Kimborough, Clemency, Elizabeth-Charlotte.

I too think it is adorable and very appealing!
    Proud mama of Henry Atlas, born in July 2012
    Expecting a little lady this summer!

Currently loving...
    Girls: Lila Poet, Catherine Indiana, Gemma Scout, Juliet Liberty, Ramona Holiday, Louisa Merit, Lucy Hero, Phoebe Sunday, Margot Phoebe
    For boys: Julian Sayer, Jasper Locke, Pierre Otis, Pascal Odin, Peter Crusoe, Thomas Wilder, Robin Ulysses