Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I really like Watson - it's quirky and strong and has good allusions. My one concern is the lack of nickname potential but that might not be a concern for you.
    ~ "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names" ~

today's favorites: Celia, Cassandra and Arthur, Inigo.

From today's "almost unique names" I decided to see what names in my state were given to only 5 kids last year and was surprised to see there were 5 Watsons born in my state in 2012.

I like it. It reminds me of Sherlock.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

I think it's useable. Tons of people use surnames and -son names. The only thing unique in this case is the Sherlock connection.
    Some current considerations:

Cora Madeleine | Etta Rosalie | Hazel Miranda | Margot Eliza | Sylvie Coraline | Vivienne Esme
    Archer Daniel | Callum Sawyer | Emmett Sebastian | Ezra Byrne | Leo Vincent | Rhys Anderson

I think it's too much of a "surname" to be used without very strong reasons (grandmother's maiden name, extreme Sherlockian, etc).

However, Walter, with the medieval nickname Wat (or even Watson, occasionally) would be fabulous.
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

I too think it is adorable and very appealing!
    Proud mama of Henry Atlas, born in July 2012
    Expecting a little lady this summer!

Currently loving...
    Girls: Lila Poet, Catherine Indiana, Gemma Scout, Juliet Liberty, Ramona Holiday, Louisa Merit, Lucy Hero, Phoebe Sunday, Margot Phoebe
    For boys: Julian Sayer, Jasper Locke, Pierre Otis, Pascal Odin, Peter Crusoe, Thomas Wilder, Robin Ulysses