Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Margeaux seems to be trying a little too hard.
    Margot is very pretty.
    Margo is nice but seems a bit incomplete to me.
    Current Favorites:

Elliott, Luke, Matthew, Oliver, Reid, Wyatt

Alice, Celia, Charlotte, Claire, Elisabeth, Genevieve, Holly, Matilda, Poppy, Scarlett

Of the 3 names Margaux is the most popular in France — calling it a "fake" spelling is a bit harsh...

The "x" spelling is my favourite, but I think Margot is probably the simplest and easiest to work with. That being said, I think the names sound awful in English (MAR-gow rather than marh-GO).
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarplumfairy View Post
    Of the 3 names Margaux is the most popular in France — calling it a "fake" spelling is a bit harsh...
    Margaux is a more recent spelling and pays homage to Chateau Margaux.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Margot is a winner definitely! I love that. Margo doesn't feel complete. Without the "t" at the end my mind immediately thinks of the film "Argo."
    Margaux is setting your child up for spelling errors and mispronunciation. It also takes away from the beauty of the name and doesn't look as pretty written down. Margot is the way to go, no doubt.

If you're still unsure about it... I also love Amargot which is Latin and means "everlasting."

Good luck.
    Love & Blessings! xo

Quote Originally Posted by babyprodigy View Post
    I also love Amargot which is Latin and means "everlasting."
    No it doesn't — it doesn't even resemble a Latin word.
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.