Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Candra

Candra

Met a 16 year old named Candra at work today, and when I read her name on the list I thought, ok- they either misspelled it and its "Chandra", her parents perhaps came up with a weird way to spell "Sandra" or her name actually is "Kan-dra." And, it was the latter. Her name is Candra pronounced like Sandra with K. I don't know how I feel about it but I had never heard it before so was wondering what you guys thought. I think after meeting her and putting a face to the name I like it more than I did when I just read it on paper (especially because I had no idea how to pronounce it!!)
    PREGNANT with our first!!!

My name is Caroline, BeatrixDaisy is just a name I like!

My favorite names:
    Emilia, Beatrix, Juliette, Chloe, Madeline, Audrey, Emerson, Alaina, Felicity, Coralie, Alessandra, Katherine, Lucy, Luna
    Holden, Noah, Nathaniel, Caleb, Cameron, Adam, Calvin, Travis, Ronan, Hudson, James, Paul, Peter, Mason, Troy

I figured it would be "kan-dra". It looks like an illiterate or very creative spelling of Kendra.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I know a girl nameed Candra pn. Kan-dra. I really like it on her. I never had an issue with the pronunciation, it's really pronouced just like it appears

~Sweet and Sassy~
    Elizabeth Winona "Elsie" ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie Rue" ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie Jo"
    Hildemara "Mara" ~ Lucinda "Lucy" ~ Wilhelmina "Lina" ~ Marilla "Millie"

~Strong and Ornery~
    Gideon Boone ~ Matthias Wesley ~ Cadmar Luke "Cade"
    Malcolm "Cal" ~ Simeon ~ Gilbert ~ Alaric "Lark"