Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Narrow Down My List

In a futuristic book where there are wars between humans/werewolves/vampires/and another race I have not come up with a name for. I will give you a little input on each character, but I really need to narrow my list down to just one name ALL suggestions are welcomed!

Main Character: This character is female. She's very strong and something else besides just vampire. She can eat human food and blood. It's her choice. She has to go through a lot of challenges that are a lot of torture and soul aching experiences. I need a very strong name for her. Last name is Slate.

What I like for her: Calypso, Photini, Panagia, Callisto, Ruby, Matisse, Lilith, Vivia/Victoria & Couture

Main Character's Twin Sister: Yay! Sibset options. I prefer to not have their names matchy-matchy since they are two completely people who act and do completely different things. It's good and evil between these two except the twin isn't really evil. Just makes bad choices and has a bad mouth. I want her name to reflect this. What I mean is I want her name to have a gloomy feel to it like Antigone or Evadne. I might contradict myself here, but I do want the sisters' names to look good together if possible.

What I like for the twin: Bristol, Merit, Amethyst, Antigone, Evadne, Hester & Sandrine.

*Note: The twin girls are both half vampire and the other half is unknown. The mother won't speak of it and the twins never seen their father.

Older Brother: This guy has an interesting story. He is the oldest of the children and has a different father than the twins. The brother's father died in civil war which was between vampires and werewolves. The brother was born half human/half vampire. (his father was vampire/his mother human) The brother was always bullied in school for being a half breed so a lot of emotional damage he had to go through. In his early 20's, he was at a bar and got into a fight. He was bitten and was changed into a full vampire after a long process of being in a hospital to help him survive. Again, I want a strong name for him.

What I like for the brother: Mordecai, Oleksander, Larkspur, Peridot, Vox, Tage, Legend, & Roman.

A Man From The Other Race: This man is from the 'superman' race and has a huge part to play in the book concerning the main character. He has the power to control fire (having powers in this race is very rare) and comes from a long line of very wealthy people. His heritage is packed! Black hair, nice body. James Dean type of guy. I really want kind of a sexy yet powerful name for him since that's exactly who he is.

What I like for him: Vesper and Alex. I REALLY like both of these names, but suggestions are definitely accepted here too just in case you have another fantastic choice for him.

Below is a list of names I will choose from to name the other secondary characters.
    Girls:
    Adecyn
    Paz
    Aure
    Lyss
    Sini
    Muse
    Xera
    Arwen
    Rowan
    Zipporah

Boys:
    Barnabas/Barnaby
    Mordecai
    Abeth
    Doss
    Io
    Mallory
    Vato

I'm sorry for writing a book here on nameberry! Lol! I was just needing help to narrow down these names so maybe I can start writing sometime soon. I written down the main points and all that. I just need to add in the names now. Any help is appreciated!
    Currently searching for that perfect name...

The Favorites For Now (constantly change):

Esperance, Dagny, Victoria, Isis, Aurora, Astoria, Calypso, Pearl, Photini, Circe and so forth..

Zayden, Ambers, Phoenix, Gabriel, Barnabas, Ethan, Roman, Sol, Auden, Oleksander, Jensen, and so forth...

Main Character: Calypso. It is easy to pronounce, has rich history and is not to overused in other books.

Twin Sister: Sandrine. I think it fits well with Calypso, but has a different feel to it as well. My second choice would be Antigone, because the similar origins, but Antigone can be hard to pronounce if you don't already know it. That depends on your audience's age group too.

Brother: I like Legend. It is different from the sisters, and also mysterious. You could also say that when he was bullied, he never lived up to his name, and now that he is older he does.

Man: I would pick Alex. Vesper is traditionally a girl's name, so i think giving him a more masculine name would work better towards his sex appeal.

Other names form your list that I like: Paz, Lyss, Muse, Abeth, Vato
    Maddox (Max) James 08.31.13.

Boys Favourites: Holden, Theron (Theo), Aidan, Killian

Girls Favourites: Rosalie, Lucy, Lyra, Isla

Main Character: Victoria Slate sounds like a strong female.

Main Character's Twin Sister: I would suggest Daphne Slate for Victoria's sister. Or taking from your list, Alexandra/Alexandrine nn Sandrine.

Older Brother: Alexander Slate nn Xander (if Alexandra/Sandrine aren't chosen for the twin sister). From your options I like Roman but Roman Slate sounds like a description rather than a person.

A Man From The Other Race: I would suggest using Dean or Dane if he's a James Dean type character.Also, depending on the surname, August, Heath or Sterling may work.

Names for other secondary characters (from your list plus some suggestions).

Girls:

Patia
    Aurea
    Liesel/Lyssa
    Siri
    Lark
    Musidora nn Muse
    Xenia
    Rhonwen
    Rowan
    Arden
    Clove/Clover
    Winter
    Azure
    Juniper
    Hollis
    Wren
    Zuriel nn Zuri
    Blythe

Boys:

Barnaby
    Orion
    Zephyr
    Noble
    Remy
    Gray
    Troy
    Rune
    Quill
    Cuyler
    Rohan
    Kane
    Locke
    Cyan
    Dune

Hope this helps you! Happy writing!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

@mbrow222: I LOVE Calypso and Sandrine together. I'll definitely have to consider that. Legend would fit his past and his life. I can see that. As far as Vesper, I honestly didn't know it was a female's name. How odd. I just loved the sound of it and now I like it even more for a possible female character. Thanks so much for your feedback!

@mischa: I'm not sure on Daphne or Alexandra, but for the main character; Victoria sounds awesome. Victoria Slate sounds even better! I agree 100% on Roman Slate. Not a good match up. Roman and Victoria doesn't sound too good to me either. Since Vesper is out of the picture for the man's name: Dean and Heath are looking mighty good. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Hollis for a girl and Rune for a boy! Thank you for your suggestions! They're great
    Currently searching for that perfect name...

The Favorites For Now (constantly change):

Esperance, Dagny, Victoria, Isis, Aurora, Astoria, Calypso, Pearl, Photini, Circe and so forth..

Zayden, Ambers, Phoenix, Gabriel, Barnabas, Ethan, Roman, Sol, Auden, Oleksander, Jensen, and so forth...

Ruby or Callisto
    Sandrine or Hester
    Mortecai
    Either
    Shealah
    Teenberry, name loving girl.
    xo

Favorites:
    Lucy, Madeline, Caroline, Kylie, Bryn, Audrey/Aubrey, & Sierra
    Eli, Caden, Camden, Riley and Caleb

Guilty Pleasures:
    Clementine & Tiara