Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Two families, one baby name crisis

Hi all,

I'm unexpectedly pregnant again. I've already got two sons from a previous relationship, Luke and Elliot (12 and 10) and my partner has a daughter from another previous relationship (Elizabeth "Libby", 6) who he has custody of. We haven't found out the gender of this baby yet but we're looking for a name that can seem as though it would fit with both families.

We don't care about popularity, although we'd like to avoid E and L names if possible. We definitely don't want another El- starting name though, with Elliot and Elizabeth it's a bit much to have a third.

We've had a few thoughts for a potential brother for Luke, Elliot and Libby:

Thomas
    Jake/Jacob
    Oliver
    Charlie
    Isaac
    Matthew
    Connor
    Jack
    Samuel
    Harry

What do you think? Or are there any names that we haven't considered yet that might suit a future son perfectly?

Thanks in advance,

HappyH

As people said in your girls' list thread, classic names would fit best with your sibset. I like:
    Luke, Elliot, Elizabeth &
    Charlie (although I would prefer Charles, nn Charlie)
    Samuel
    Oliver

Others that would work nicely (but aren't my favourites): Matthew, & Thomas

Other suggestions:
    James
    Henry (similar to Harry, but more distinguished imo)
    Theodore
    Michael
    Joel

Congratulations on your pregnancy!
    Mommy to John Alexander & 3 furbabies; Maggie the dog, Rex & Bella the wannabe lions

Current favourites: girls -Eliana [Bronwen, Joy, Claire, Irene], Leora [Irene, Bronwen, Bronwyn], Sarah Elise, Anna Charlotte, Adelaide, Phoebe, Kathryn, Elizabeth, Anastasia, Celeste, Astrid, Beatrix, Lucy
    boys: Callum, Arthur [Paul or William], Nathaniel, Samuel, Zachary, Elijah

Thanks lilysong.

I wouldn't use Charles as it doesn't go well with my partner's surname, which ends in "les", so it would be just Charlie. I like James but again I worry about the surname problem. but I feel Henry is a bit too "posh" next to my boys' names, and maybe Theodore as well. Michael is my partner's brother's name so we wouldn't use that.

For Luke, Elliot and Elizabeth's brother, I think these names would "fit" in with the family.

Thomas (I left this classic name on the list but I don't think it would flow well with an "les" surname).
    Jake/Jacob
    Oliver
    Isaac
    Matthew
    Jack
    Samuel

BTW - I think Henry is fine with Luke and Elliot.

Other Suggestions

Matthias (less popular than Matthew)
    Xavier
    Anthony
    William
    Alexander
    Zachary
    Vincent
    Simon
    Sebastian
    Dominic
    Gabriel
    Adam
    Frederick
    Richard
    Martin
    Geoffrey
    Gregory
    Timothy
    Maxwell
    Peter
    Daniel
    Nathan/Nathaniel
    Stephen
    Arthur
    Patrick
    Raymond
    Benjamin
    Andrew
    David
    All the best,
    Mischa.

To me, Luke, Elliott, and Libby are classic names that are soft, sweet, and a little playful. The names you listed that give me this same feeling are Charlie, Jake/Jacob, Oliver, and Jack. If Samuel could have the nn "Sam," I think that would work perfectly, too. Thomas, Matthew, Connor, and Isaac all sound just a little more serious to me, but they would certainly work fine. I have never been a big fan or Harry, but I do like the pp's alternative suggestion of Henry!

Other names that I think would be perfect in your sib set:
    Max
    Wesley (with nn Wes)
    Joseph (with nn Joe or Joey)
    Nathan
    Nolan
    Cole
    Graham
    Miles
    Owen
    Quinn
    William
    Spencer
    Zachary (with nn Zac)
    And although it has an "L" and an "E", I think Leo would be adorable, too!

Good Luck!