Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I like both names with the sibling set but if I had to choose one over the other my personal pick would be Soren. I must add that I think Severin sounds more cheerful in an Aussie accent than in an American one. I don't get the same "severe" vibe as some other posters. No more than I think of fish when I hear the name Finn, you know? Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    Gebriael, Roscoe, and Cormac are all upbeat and genial to me, and I just don't get that from Soren or Severin. From the names in your signature, I think the energetic, spunky Boaz is the best fit. It has the same energy as Roscoe and Cormac and it's Biblical like Gebriael, so it does a lot to tie the three names together.

Wow, southern.maple, you've really nailed how I feel about my boys' names and also how I feel about Boaz... and I agree it's a fabulous bridge between them all. Up until about a month ago, it was 'the name', but my DH has had some reservations recently, so while it's still on the list, we're exploring other options (hence Soren and Severin). In my heart, I'm hoping we can settle on Boaz

Thanks for your feedback.
    Katie
    Happily married to a fabulous but completely-not-interested-in-names guy.

Mum to:

Gebriael Geoffrey Edwin Keith (01/02/05)
    Roscoe Geoffrey Yohannes (09/04/08)
    Cormac Geoffrey Adisu (02/08/11)
    Boaz Geoffrey Mekonnen (04/07/13)

Thanks everyone for your feedback and taking the time to give reasons

Seems pretty split between the two names!

@ellieberry - thanks for your feedback - I think you're right about the Australian accent. Because we don't pronounce the 'r' with our vowels, when I pronounce Severin is sounds more like 'Sev-ren'...

@milasmama, ciottolo, thatkathryngirl and zillionzeldas - thanks for your feedback

@ rkrd - we have considered Stellan before, but DH doesn't like the 'Stella' part (Stella and related names are up and coming in Australia - I know an Estelle, an Estella and 3 Stellas under 6).

@ freddie_beth - we actually arrived at Soren via Severin, so we were aware of the derivation... I think it's interesting how names change: while I think Severinus and Severin both keep the 'stern' feel, Soren is just so much softer!! Thanks for your comment.

@lizabethm - thanks for your thoughtful comment!
    Katie
    Happily married to a fabulous but completely-not-interested-in-names guy.

Mum to:

Gebriael Geoffrey Edwin Keith (01/02/05)
    Roscoe Geoffrey Yohannes (09/04/08)
    Cormac Geoffrey Adisu (02/08/11)
    Boaz Geoffrey Mekonnen (04/07/13)

My vote is for Soren. When I hear Severin it just is not as appealing to me. Or I think of Harry Potter like the other berries have mentioned.
    TTC #1
    Hoping to have a little Ragazzo or Ragazza soon.

I love Soren. While Severin looks like it'd fit well in sibset, association with "sever"/"severing"/"severe" is inescapable for me.
    Some current considerations:

Sylvie Madeleine | Etta Rosalie | Miranda Sylvie | Margot Elspeth | Hazel Matilda
    Archer Daniel | Emmett Sebastian | Donovan Ezra | Leo Anderson | Lucian Matteo