Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I know two teenage Swiss people. The girl is named Fiona and the guy is named Sam. I'm not sure if there are actual Swiss-originating names, but you can look at the popular or traditional ones in Switzerland

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Girl Names
    Rosie Verena--Scarlett June--Beatrice May--Lila Elizabeth--Eve Seraphina--Mira Jane

Boy Names
    James Isaac--Felix Nathaniel--Alistair Jude--Louis Elliot--Charlie Walter
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't think so, Ash. All the Swiss people I know have German, French, Italian and Russian names. Silvan, Julian, Fabian (lots of -an names!), Sasha, Anoushka...
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I don't think so, Ash. All the Swiss people I know have German, French, Italian and Russian names. Silvan, Julian, Fabian (lots of -an names!), Sasha, Anoushka...
    That's what I figured. I figured I might get inspiration from their most popular name lists, but I feel like a lot of those (Amelie, Leonie, Mia, Alina, Samuel, etc., etc.) are rather international, or one culture or another--and it doesn't feel Swiss to me. My dad said that we're from the Black Forest area, but isn't that Germany? I was just taking his word for it when he said we were Swiss, but I just googled it, and it doesn't look like the Black Forest area ventures into Switzerland at all. Does it? Maybe I need to see exact cities and such on the family tree program my dad has. I'm a bit confused now, haha.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter

I have a family friend from switzerland and her name is Rebekah. Her husbands english and there kids are Jordan and Emma. I don't think they do sorry Ash
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Tallulah★Ruby☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com