Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Oops, I guess I read through to fast! Still a 'small' world though!
    Mama to Kuyper Aaron, Zane Henry and Boy#3 Due December 2013

Top Girl Name: Phoebe Elizabeth

Top Boy Names: Jonas Myles, Charles David, Oliver Myles, Layton Charles

I'm thanking saracita00 for the history, too--obviously I'd forgotten many of the details! I knew there was a bird connection...
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saracita00 View Post
    Ah, well, if the surname is one currently in use, I can see how there isn't much glamour in it. How sad, you might just have to use Saxony (heehee). I also liked @domestikated's "Mighty Fortress" idea, though it's pretty roundabout.

I personally wouldn't use Charles in the "Luther honor" combination because Charles V was the Holy Roman Emperor who presided at the Diet of Worms. Poor guy was only 19 and more or less a pawn to the inner workings of the Roman Catholic church at the time, but anyway, it seems odd as part of the "tribute" name. Right off I would also eliminate Leo (the Pope at the time; there were others too but this one played a major role and would be known) Johann (Tetzel) and Hans (Luther's dad; they eventually came to terms but it wasn't a good relationship for a very long time), though except possibly for Leo, I don't expect you want any of these anyway.
    Och, can you tell it's been too long since middle school Bible history lessons? I am really loving Charles Saxon, though! Do you think too many people would notice? Maybe I should just opt for Boaz Frederick, then, although I think I'd miss Boaz Benjamin that I had been considering earlier. Hmm.

Or maybe just opt for Saxon Frederick instead? I'm not sure how much I LOVE Saxon for me as a FN, though--I love that Alex O'Loughlin has a son named Saxon (honestly, I love Lion, too, so I must just love his style...), but I'm not sure I can see me with a Saxon...

As for Hans/Johann, that probably wouldn't be too much of a worry, but what about Saxon and Johanna as siblings? Would that be a no-no, do you think?
    Last edited by ashthedreamer; June 26th, 2013 at 06:20 PM.

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 07:04 PM.