Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Yeah, no, that was my worry with Saxon and Johanna.

Samuel Saxon is really handsome! I don't know what I would follow that up with--I'd want a name to honor my siblings/parents/grandparents, too, since those are the family I know, and has been there for me personally. Samuel Saxon Gray, perhaps... I'm quite happy with my current Samuel combo (Samuel Gaspard John), though--Gaspard in honor of my best friend (who nearly had a Caspar, although she liked Gaspard more). She passed away in 2011. And John is in honor of my dad and brother.

I like Everett Saxon, too, but not quite so much as Everett Joshua Charles. I kind of like Asher Frederick, but it wouldn't really go with the family name I had picked out (Zane)--I like Asher Frederick, and Asher Zane, but Asher Frederick Zane sort of clashes, to me?

I don't know, I was thinking of something like Charles Ezra Saxon or Charles Elijah Saxon or Charles [something] Saxon (Charles Emmett Saxon?!), so I don't think it would be as bad... I had also been tossing around Shepherd, Darcy, and Hugo as middle names for Charles, as well...
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 08:04 PM.

Hmm, I like Charles Ezra (but Ezra Zane seems like too much "Z"), Asher Frederick (maybe with John--I'm not sure! I think I like Frederick more with Boaz, though...), Asher Emmett Saxon (but with a two-syllable surname, I absolutely refuse to go near a 2-2-2 combo, ever), and meh, I sort of like Joseph Gaspard Hugo, but I'm fairly set that if I keep Joseph on my list, it'll be Joseph L____ Brave or Joseph Lev B_____. In honor of my grandfather, whose initials were L. B. He didn't have a real name, just two initials, lol, so that's really all I've got to work with. I've tossed around Joseph Lev Booker and Joseph Linus Brave, but I'm not set on either one, really. Ideally, I'd go for Joseph Lev Brave, but that's too many short one-syllable names ending in "V"s! I'm not opposed to 1-1 flow for combos--my grandmother was Ruth Mae so it feels very reminiscent of her--but I just don't think Lev Brave works, haha.
    Ashley

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saracita00 View Post
    I like Charles Ezra as set, too. And I liked your Everett Saxon as a set as well, better than the Emmet Saxon combo. Of course if you used Saxony it might solve a lot of your problems. How about Joseph Lev Bravery? Of course that might rule out Avery as a first name, but Bravery is a pretty awesome middle.
    Mmm, yes, it's one of the very few combos I like with Charles up front. I had also been thinking Charles Ezra Darcy or Charles Ezra Shepherd. Darcy for Mr. Darcy, of course, and Shepherd is a mixed honoring of both my faith/Jesus with the ties to the Nativity, but also to my sister, who is a Natalie. She and I both have Christmas names, so I love the idea of using a Christmas name to honor her.

Hmm, Saxony might solve some problems! Boaz Saxony is just way too unusual, isn't it? I figured with such an obscure Biblical FN, I needed something more classic to balance it out.

Bravery is awesome, but for some reason I just can't get behind it. I like Brave so much more... Besides, I really don't want to rule out Avery! It's such a special family name (which also has ties to my grandfather!), and I don't know if you know of Adventures in Odyssey, being a Christian and all, but if you do, you can understand the appeal of John Avery Whittaker as a namesake.

And yes, I like Everett Saxon much more than Emmett Saxon, but honestly, if I had to pick one boys' combo that I love more than any other, that I've never had any doubts about, that I'm nearly giddy to use... it would be Everett Joshua Charles. It's not that I don't like any other Everett combos, I just don't see that combo changing. At all. Ever. It's just perfection for me, I think that's the par by which I judge every other combo I come up against, haha.
    Ashley