Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What name do you love?

What name do you love enough to use even if it hit the top 10? Would you still use it if it became number 1?
    Would it make a difference if it were a boys name or a girls name?

I am pretty sure I would still use Agatha and Imogen if they became top 10. I would definitely still use Percy if it was top 10, but I think I would drop Edmund if it became top 10.
    I don't think I would use a number 1 name.

For girls, I think I would still use Helena, Willa, and Zoe even if they hit the top ten (which might happen with Zoe but I hope not) because they have family connection. I'm not sure about my other ones. It depends on how often I hear the name. Zoe is ranked at 30 in the USA (36 in my state) but I've never met anyone except named Zoe for my family member.
    For guys, I'm pretty sure I'd still use Gregory, Dimitri, and Tobias even if they became that popular. They aren't family names (Dimitri kind of is, but not really), but I have a hard time finding boys names I like. Most of my other top picks are pretty popular anyway, so I would probably still consider using them. It would again depend on how many people I knew with the name. I would probably be able to drop Charles, Elias, Henry, Jason, and Joshua if they sprung to #1 and I now know at least four of them. I don't think these names will ever reach the top ten, and a number one name, I don't know if I would be able to do it.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Jane | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Nicoletta | Nina | Natalia |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Jude | Paul | Basil | Abram | Tobias | Samuel | Thomas | James |
    Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cecilia | Cora | Delia | Helen | Helena | Lena | Raphaela | Ambrose | Elliott | Ephraim | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!

I don't think it's something I have to worry about, however hypothetically, I'm not sure. I have a top 10 name and hated it growing up. I was always Sarah H. among 50 other Sarah/Sara (last name or initial). I'd still probably use Goldenrod as it is the name of the first child born in America in my family.
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Winifred, Owl Arianrhod, Celandine Ceridwen, Heliotrope Isolde, Nettle Chiyo, Chicory Tallulah, Pennyroyal Matilda, Wedelia Imogen, Mallow Araminta, Dandelion Jane
    Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Comfrey Azrael, Thistle Dorian, Huckleberry Iver, Larkspur Saul, Bear Cornelius, Yarrow Barnaby, Sol Aurelius, Hawthorn Otis, Centaury Eben

New Crushes: Criofan, Silver, Bastet, and Noctua
    http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/[

I'm seriously considering Ava Sofia even though both are top 10 names.