14 19.44%
  • Lavinia June

21 29.17%
  • Lavinia Louise

2 2.78%
  • Lavinia May

10 13.89%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

In early labor, last minute change in name?!?

What is your favorite combo? My husband brought up the idea of the name Lavinia about a month ago, but we were set on Elowen. We just said maybe for the next girl... but if we have a boy next we will probably be done. So the question is, do we love Elowen or Lavinia best for this little girl soon to make her appearance? Obviously we can decide after she's born, but I just wanted some opinions on which you like best. Big sister's name is Rosamund Hazel.

First Names: Elowen or Lavinia

Middle Names (all have some family or personal significance even if they sound "filler"): June, Louise, or May

Thanks!
    Mommy to Rosamund ~ March 2011 & Elowen ~ June 2013

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above" ~ James 1:17

Lavinia June is gorgeous! And I love Rosamund and Lavinia together! Much more than Elowen. I wish my DBF liked those
    Bethanie Vivian-Latinist, art historian, world traveller, Harry Potter enthusiast, avid book collector, middle school Latin magistra, engaged to be married 4-11-15, name collector circa 2005.

mom to macbeth dickens the orange and white tabby, sylvie fleur & delphine esmee the twin calicoes & tiberius teddy "tiber" the blue merle mini aussie <3

guys - theodore raphael alastair lucian august
    dolls - clara genevieve aurora helena lydia

I like Elowen June but if your not set on using a family name in the middle Elowen Lavinia is an option.
    Mommy to: Samuel Elliot ~5/4/10~
    Lydia Jane ~9/15/13~

I love both names but I think Lavinia June is gorgeous and is a better "fit" with Rosamund. I would take both names to the hospital with you and wait until you meet your daughter before making your final decision. She may "look" more like an Elowen after all! Good luck!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Elowen is also lovely, but I think Rosamund and Lavinia is much better sibset. I voted for Lavinia June. I didn't pick May because it seems silly to me to use a month name for a baby not born in that month. The alliteration of the L sound in Lavinia Louise might bother some people, so Louise may not be the best match. If neither of those things bother you, though, all 3 choices are nice. Or, if the middle name isn't set in stone, Lavinia Elowen sounds pretty to me, too.