Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Daisy?

Daisy?

What do you think of this name? I think it's cute and feminine, and grows sweetly.

Also, I'm aware that it's a 'dog' name. This doesn't bother me in the slightest. Neither does The Great Gatsby association. So aside from these glaring potential points of opposition, what do you think?
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

I don't think it's a dog name at all, I know more girls than dogs named Daisy. I think it's cute but I can't see an adult Daisy. It worked in The Great Gatsby because it was the 1920s, but I don't think an adult Daisy in the 2020s will suit it quite the same.
    My two bundles of love, Dominic Joseph and Tabitha Faye

Love Daisy! She's sweet, feminine, but strong. I like her Great Gatsby association, but I think she can exist outside of the book as well.
    Proud mom to Charles Hailey "Charlie" [b. 12/15/11]
    Emilia Edith Corinne "Millie" [dd. Sept, 2013]

Quinn | Daphne | Kellan | Eilidh | Juliet

Declan | Jack | William | Aiden | River

"Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see"

I love the name Daisy! My only hang-up with Daisy has been that I feels nicknamey to me. I worry that if little Daisy were to grow up to be the CEO of a company or a judge or something that the name wouldn't seem as serious as the position. I know that's a lot of what-ifs, but I like names with options. I love the idea of naming Margaret as a full name and using Daisy as a nickname.

That is the only downside I can think of and it is very subjective. I think Daisy is adorable and I love the Gatsby reference.

Quote Originally Posted by maltwin1 View Post
    I love the name Daisy! My only hang-up with Daisy has been that I feels nicknamey to me. I worry that if little Daisy were to grow up to be the CEO of a company or a judge or something that the name wouldn't seem as serious as the position. I know that's a lot of what-ifs, but I like names with options. I love the idea of naming Margaret as a full name and using Daisy as a nickname.

That is the only downside I can think of and it is very subjective. I think Daisy is adorable and I love the Gatsby reference.
    Good point on the CEO thing. But if she can become a CEO, she can be a CEO named Daisy, haha. I love the Gatsby reference too, but I hear so many negative comments on her character that I figured I'd throw that in there.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.