Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I suspected my son was having reflux problems for a while, because he often fussed when I laid him down to nurse. Reflux can involve spitting up, but mostly it's just heartburn. I found that if I used a pillow and put my arm under my son's head, then let his body angle down and off the pillow, he did much better. However you hold her, try keeping her upper body elevated quite a bit and see if that helps. I hope things get better soon!
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

I don't have any advice for getting your baby to latch but if you need an inexpensive, effective pump, I would recommend the Medela Harmony (manual breast pump). I have problems producing enough breastmilk so I have to pump every two hours to keep my supply up. I've been using that pump for five months now and I've never had any problems with it. The handle is comfortable, it's easy to clean/assemble and it's nice and small so you can take it anywhere. It's also only about $35 so if your Walmart doesn't carry it, I'd just order one from Amazon or Target. I've also heard that the Avent manual breast pump is really good as well and it costs about the same.

I'll look into that definitely. Does it get more than like, half and ounce out in a hour because the electric and manual ones I have, for unknown reasons I'm only able to get like, half an ounce by the pump (like, a few drops every few minutes) but when I squeeze them myself the milk just shoots everywhere and drips all over the place so I would think it'd come out faster.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dantea View Post
    I'll look into that definitely. Does it get more than like, half and ounce out in a hour because the electric and manual ones I have, for unknown reasons I'm only able to get like, half an ounce by the pump (like, a few drops every few minutes) but when I squeeze them myself the milk just shoots everywhere and drips all over the place so I would think it'd come out faster.
    It takes me about fifteen minutes to completely drain one breast. Since my production is low, I usually get two to three ounces at a time (per breast). On days I'm more engouged though, I can get four ounces in that time. If your milk is coming in fine though, you'll probably be able to pump more then that.

Quote Originally Posted by dantea View Post
    Some people do find that they can get more with a manual, because you can pump at the rate that is comfortable for you, instead of relying on the electric's presets. I would say go for the Harmony - I had the Avent and it made the most annoying clicking noise. Drove me insane!
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training