Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    The doctor just called back. She said I probably don't need the cream unless there is a "documented luteal phase defect." I told her I felt like I had one but felt sort of blown off about it by the doctor's staff.

She said if I keep using a regular ol' progesterone cream it will not do me "a bit of harm." So I am gonna go ahead and go get some more and keep using it because why the hell not? If it can't hurt and might help.

Thank you to all of you for helping me thru this dumb crisis. :-)

Oh, that's so good to hear! Very glad you made the call. Now, let's hope for a happy, healthy and worry free pregnancy! We're probably due around the same time (I won't know for another one and a half week, but 'm guessing I'm due mid-February)!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Missus H my dear, first off i want to say congratulations on your pregnancy, it is so exciting. Secondly, i'm going to go out on a limb here and say that i'm sure everything's fine. Of course using something with Black Cohosh isn't advisable during early pregnancy, but that's a long way from disasterous. I'd imagine that the dose in a cream would be very small, its not like you were taking it orally. I'm sure that your baba is snoozing away quite happily in there.

Honestly, early pregnancy is stressful. It gets a bit easier when you can feel them moving around and you know what they're up to a bit more. It can also be quite painful, everything is growing and shifting and stretching, cramps are not necessarily a sign of anything bad. You should definitely chat to your doctor if you are worried, and trust your instincts too.

Keep us posted darling. Big love xx
    ~ Mama to Juniper Elise and Arlo Edward James ~

Susannah - Celeste- Maybelle - Pearl - Callie - Eulalie - Clementine
    Another daughter: Callie Susannah Pearl

Asa - Tate - Rudy - Otis - Henry - Miles - Josiah
    Another son: Tate Henry Miles

Oops, i must have posted at the same time as you and Otter! So glad that you got to speak to someone. And its not a dumb crisis, its totally normal to be a worried about your little passenger.
    ~ Mama to Juniper Elise and Arlo Edward James ~

Susannah - Celeste- Maybelle - Pearl - Callie - Eulalie - Clementine
    Another daughter: Callie Susannah Pearl

Asa - Tate - Rudy - Otis - Henry - Miles - Josiah
    Another son: Tate Henry Miles

I knew there was no way you could buy a topical progesterone OTC. It just didn't add up, as there are very real contraindications and it needs to be used with professional guidance.

This will be a possibly unpopular opinion but I hope it helps. Most herbal 'medications' are crap. Although certain plants have documented physiologic mechanisms of action, those active ingredients are much diluted. They are almost always taken via ineffective routes of administration, so relatively little is absorbed. They are prepared according to manufacturing guidelines used for foods and supplements, not medications, so they are not rigorously synthesized nor is a standard dose meted out. In short, of the random glycosides that supposedly have an anti-progesterone effect, you probably absorbed an absolutely minuscule dose.

Secondly, it's hard to say if progesterone supplementation had any effect on your keeping this pregnancy. It certainly had no effect on you conceiving, but whether or not your Fallopian tube transit time was short enough to permit early enough implantation to secrete enough B-HCG to prevent menstruation... Who knows? However, there is no reason to think you are making inadequate levels of progesterone now. I would stop self-dosing entirely; if you would like you could either request labs to document your progesterone levels (not at all unreasonable in a PCOS pt recently on Clomid) and get a prescription supplement if warranted.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq