Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Hi there - first off, I am so sorry you are going through this! I'm about 16 weeks and I've had a few of my own freak outs and it's just awful.

BUT - I do have some words that might help. ALL progesterone supplements warn to not use while pregnant!! I know, I know, it doesn't make sense. But it's the reality: I've taken progesterone during both of my pregnancies and both bottles said, very clearly, do NOT use while pregnant! There is, apparently, a risk of it causing birth defects - doctors weigh that with the fact that it can help women keep pregnancies that may otherwise end in miscarriage and the potential benefit generally outweighs the potential risks. It's a cost/benefit thing. I believe that's why pregnant women usually just use it during the first trimester, when it can be critical, and then you stop (tho I believe it's also sometimes used to prevent pre-term labor). The warnings are also the FDA's way of covering their own asses from lawsuit.

I get the feeling I'm not explaining this very well and I apologize, I've only been awake an hour or so. It's pretty confusing on its own. So here's an article or two, maybe they'll help? Overall - just BREATHE. Stressed out mommy isn't good for baby either! Drink water, lay down, and breathe as best you can. The pp who said that it's hard to mess up a healthy pregnancy and hard to keep a bad one is absolutely right - the reality is most of it is completely beyond our control. Lots of hugs!!!

http://pregnancy.about.com/od/pregna...iscarriage.htm

PS. Also meant to say that, during this pregnancy, I spotted and cramped for most of the first trimester! No joke!! I really thought there was no way I was pregnant because it seemed like my period had arrived. A friend convinced me to test anyway - and she was right! But the spotting and cramping continued all the way up to about week 10. And it was continuous the entire time! We were totally freaked out and ran to the dr a few times but every time things looked good, now here we are at week 16. So for some women, it's just normal and it's just your body adjusting to the pregnancy.
    Last edited by cvdutch31; June 22nd, 2013 at 01:04 PM.
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

Thanks so so much, Ottilie, and thank you, Tintri. I've been using this cream since right after I ovulated so maybe it's just helping create an ultra strong super baby. :-)

I thought when I got pregnant all the anxiety would be over. Oh my was I wrong. I feel like my resolve to relax and let go is being seriously tested. I have to decide NOW to quit worrying, to truly LET GO and accept that I have no power over what happens, or I am going to worry myself sick FOR NOTHING. Worrying will. not. help.

Okay. Breathe.

This will be one more interesting story I can tell this little dude one day. "Did I ever tell you about the time I took Wiccan miscarriage herbs while I was pregnant with you?"

:-)

Oh sweetie, that is so upsetting. I am NOT familiar with that cream, but I am hoping the amount of the cohosh is minimal. I am betting the Arbonne "progesterone" cream is really just a menopausal cream aimed at regulating hormones and hot flashes for older women, not for supplementing progesterone in early pregnancy.

I know it's difficult, but try to stay positive. You did not kill your baby. It's great you ran out so that you were able to realize what was in it, though.

Obviously speak with your Dr as soon as you can. It's very, very likely you may not even need real progesterone supplementation. Try to get a current progesterone level early next week if you can. Levels above 10ng/ml are adequate to support pregnancy, although I think most OBs or REs like to see numbers closer to >14-16ng/ml in the 1st trimester.

I know how upsetting this is. I used topical progesterone cream during my 1st trimester, but you know what?? I didn't have low levels of progesterone. I was just trying to do everything I could to support and keep the pregnancy so I used the progesterone cream. In retrospect I am sure the pregnancy would have stuck without it. My point is, I would be feeling EXACTLY how you are feeling, but if you can take a moment to remind yourself that your body knows what it is doing. There is a VERY good chance your body is producing the right amount of progesterone to support the pregnancy on its own without exogenous support.

Also, a lot of the most recent research isn't even clear if progesterone supplementation is really effective (ie necessary), yet it is just part of standard of care in fertility care.

We just have to believe that the amount of the black cohosh is minimal in that cream.

Thinking about you and sending you lots of hugs. You and your baby will be okay. I just hope you can get some reassurance soon because I know that is what you really need right now.
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

Christine, that helped so much. Thank you and thank you again.

I really am calming down. I talked to my mom, which helped. She is a non-worrier. :-)

Thank you, surfmama. That helped too. I am so glad I posted here. I really feel way better.

I think I will get the cream just to use for the weekend but call the doctor on Monday and see about a level check.