Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Baby Ballerina has arrived!

On Tuesday, June 18th 2013 we welcomed our beautiful baby girl into the world. Daisy Madeline was born at 5:33pm, weighing 6lb 10oz.

I started contracting on Monday afternoon, but, wanting a natural birth, I stayed at home for as long as possible. They were somewhat irregular for most of the evening and a pattern didn't start forming till Monday night. They were around 5 minutes apart by 7am Tuesday morning, when my waters broke (to which Amelie laughed and said mummy wet herself) and I knew it was time to go to the hospital.

We arrived at the hospital and I was examined. The pain was unbelievable and I'd had no pain relief (like I wanted) and I really thought I was close. The midwife told me I was only just over 4cm dilated and I was so upset I cried for about 10 minutes. I really thought it was nearly over, but it was only just beginning. I went on the birthing ball hoping it would encourage baby's head to come down more, but it didn't make much difference.

By 10am I was 5cm and couldn't take any more, so I went on the gas and air. Wow! What a difference it made. It did make me a little bit nauseous which I wasn't expecting but it definitely helped me cope with the pain. I tried sleeping in between contractions because I could feel I was low on energy and the midwife wouldn't let me eat anything because my labour was progressing so slowly. They were telling me to keep an open mind regarding a section but I was adamant I wasn't having one.

I continued progressing slowly and by 3:45pm I was finally ready to start pushing. Daisy was born just over 1hr and 45 minutes later. I ended up tearing which was completely my own fault, I was told to stop pushing as she was crowning and to breathe her out, but the pain was so intense I just pushed anyway causing a tear. I needed stitches but I'm recovering well.

She's the most beautiful little girl! Lots of light brown hair and gorgeous blue eyes. I had some latching issues and I'm also battling low supply but we're getting through it and thankfully, we haven't had to supplement with formula just yet although I won't rule it out if it continues like this.

She has settled into our family beautifully and even though I really, really thought we were having a boy, she is the most perfect thing I have ever seen and I feel privileged to be her mother. Amelie is besotted and can't give her enough attention.

As for the name - It just came naturally. We had actually decided on Lucy while I was labouring at home Monday out but when they placed her on my chest after she was born, my husband kissed her head and simply said "Daisy". We didn't even discuss it, she was simply Daisy. Amelie has taken to calling her Daisy Boo which is something I would have cringed at when pregnant but it has stuck a little, as a nickname.

A random tidbit of information - If she were a boy we would have named her Philip Arthur

Thank you to all at NB for helping name my daughter

With love, the pinkballerina family xx

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

Yay!! I adore the name Daisy, it was on our list! Congratulations on the safe birth of your beautiful daughter! I bet Amelie is ecstatic! Best of luck to you and your growing family!
    Proud mom to Charles Hailey "Charlie" [b. 12/15/11]
    Emilia Edith Corinne "Millie" [dd. Sept, 2013]

Quinn | Daphne | Kellan | Eilidh | Juliet

Declan | Jack | William | Aiden | River

"Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see"

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! I was so waiting to hear when you had the baby! Daisy is so adorable and I think Daisy Boo is just oh so cute. Amelie and Daisy sounds so perfect!
    ~E&J~
    Mama to: Truman "True" Reed (1/06), Delaney "Laney" Katherine (7/07), Charlotte "Lottie" Elisa (9/09), and Hallie Jane (3/11). Expecting Spencer "Spence" Troy and Georgia "Georgie Bea" Beatrice (8/13)

Congrats to you on your beautifully named baby!
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Phaedra, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Caspian

Congratulations, darling!!! I'm so happy to hear everything went well and you've got your beautiful little girl. Daisy Boo is a precious pet name, I must say, and her full name is gorgeous. I hope you're all having a wonderful time, and it's good to hear Amelie is taking to her so well. Must be exciting to have a real live doll! Lots of hugs, xoxox
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]