Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Personally I couldn't do a name that starts with the A** sound. I feel like I'd be setting my kid up for teasing or negative nicknames. I know a little Ysidra (Sidra is another version of it) and that also means star or like a star.

Asteria is lovely! Astera feels a little unfinished to me.
    ~ "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names" ~

today's favorites: Marina, Arden and Arthur, Inigo.

Thanks for all the feedback!
    @celeste82 I had the same idea about hysteria...
    @jyoti I had the same thought! They all seem quite related...
    @tay2thestars Thanks for the feedback!
    @katushka The more I look at it, the more I agree that Asteria might be a bit busy... and rhyming with hysteria is never a good thing...
    @wootz Thanks, and the a** part is what I'm most worried about. Unfortunately an acquaintance (who we're not very fond of) named his son Sadra. We'd rather avoid similar names. Also, we're trying to find middle names for girls that are either Persian or Turkish, do not come from Arabic, and could work in either America or Iran...
    @authorinwriting I do like Asteria better written, but I have some reservations about the hysteria thing now.
    Thanks for the feedback guys! DH decided he prefers Sitareh (another form of the same name) to Astera and Asteria, so we may add that one to the list for the time being...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Quote Originally Posted by tfzolghadr View Post
    @celeste82 I had the same idea about hysteria...
    @jyoti I had the same thought! They all seem quite related...
    DH decided he prefers Sitareh (another form of the same name) to Astera and Asteria, so we may add that one to the list for the time being...
    Sitareh is lovely! Is it pronounced See-ta-rey or See-ta-rah? Indians have "Sitara", which is pronounced See-ta-rah.
    tea drinker + cat lover + ever-evolving baker+cook...positive realist who loves beautiful words, names, and images.

Feel free to ask me about Sanskrit-based names.

I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.