Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    My first name is a homophone to 'rainy', and my last name doesn't clash at all with it. I still get jokes made and asked if my brother's name is Stormy. (No, I tell them, it's Cloudy. They actually believe me.) Good thing North West is a celebrity, or else the other kids will try to be funny/punny with her name. It will get so annoying she will run the other direction. Pun intended.

I saw an article on Yahoo! Shine earlier today (sorry, no link), that said the nickname Nori was a play off of Kanye and Kim's middle names, Omari and Noel, respectively. If they wanted the nickname Nori, why not the Eleanor branch of names or Honora/Annora? Eleanor West sounds like a professional name, one that would actually make me think her parents weren't complete idiots.

If they truly wanted a combination of their names/or a nickname that's a combo of their names, Kim and Kanye could have had a:

Eleanor
    Eleanora
    Eleonora
    Nora
    Annora
    Lenore
    Lenora
    Ariel (omARI and noEL)
    Marli (oMARI and noeL)
    Mary Noelle
    Karli (KAnye, noEL and omarI)

And here are some combos to get to Nori:

Nola Rhiannon
    Noemi River
    Nola River
    Nova Ria

Well, if they have a boy, I call bets on Easton. North and Easton West.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

I think Kamilla, Kalina, Karolina, and Kalista would have been much better choices for little North West.

It's not my business, I know, but I do find the whole business of naming your child North West to be decidedly silly. I have similar feelings for Blue Ivy Carter, though North West takes the cake when it comes to ridiculous names.
    Current Favorites:
    Elizabeth Lily nn Ellie
    Mary Emmeline nn Maisie
    Sarah Evangeline nn Sadie

Nathaniel nn Nate

Quote Originally Posted by celianne View Post
    Nope. I think it's cute. And honestly, not tacky. Just playing nicely off the last name.
    YES! I'm so glad I'm not alone in this! And to all of the "It's a boy name" noise...it's a word name with some masculine associations...but to me it's like Merit or River, it goes either way.

An early media release speculated the name was Kenya - which is an anagram of Kanye. Better than north but then they would have had an entire country ranting that their name had been *stolen*...

I didn't think they should have a K nameā€¦ and I don't know why everyone thinks they would have gone for that! Kourtney already bucked that trend, so there was no reason to think they would continue it.

I wouldn't expect them to go for something vintage-y or particularly sophisticated, either. I did expect them to use Kanye's mother's name as a middle, though.
    - current loves -
    Genevieve - Aurelia - Penelope - Clementine - Matilda - Wilhelmina - Josephine - Cordelia
    Max - Frederick - Elliot - Gus - Atticus - Felix - Theodore - Beckett - Calvin