Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Maci as nn??

Maci as nn??

Hello Peeps,
    DH and I are still discussing our #1 baby girl name (see signature below) and all of a sudden, I had a moment of inspiration. All of our names come from family members we would like to honor, including one we had taken off the list, 'Cecilia'. What if I named a baby girl Margaret Cecilia, and called her Maci for short? Any thoughts? I KNOW it was one of the teen moms' names, but other than that, what do you think in terms of Maci vs. Margo? Still waiting for the 'one' right name to float to the surface....
    Thanks! Good advice is always appreciated!
    It's Official: Mother of Two, now
    Harold Jonathan, nn
    Hal
    and Kurt Matthew!

Margaret Cecilia nn Maci is no more of a stretch than the recent Bush baby - Margaret Laura nn Mila. I actually like the whole 'classic names with spunky nicknames' trend - I prefer it to the current British trend of nicknames as given names. I like Margo but see it more as a given name than a nickname, it's substantial enough to work. I don't think Maci is too 'teen mom' if you're using it as a nickname - Margaret is in no way a Teen Mom type name.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Essjay- the issue you brought up has been one I've been struggling with since we started down the Margaret/Margo path! We LOVE Margo, and would only want her to be called that (and not one of the other MANY nn's for Margaret) BUT soooooo many people have made the comment, "Margo doesn't go with Harold," it has made me nervous. Or, the other response I've gotten has been, "Margo, what is it short for?" So, I think, for right now, we have decided Harold and Margaret for official FNs and Hal and Margo for what we would actually call them (unless we switch to Maci.) Thanks for your input!
    Harold Jonathan, nn
    Hal
    and Kurt Matthew!

I think Maci would work fine, but I love Margo so much more. Hal and Margo is adorable.

Thanks Siobhanfb. I sort of think that is the way I'm leaning too.
    Harold Jonathan, nn
    Hal
    and Kurt Matthew!