Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions on my list!

Hello! I'm new to all this and just want honest (not always polite) opinions on my list. Some names are obviously outliers from my style but it would be nice to hear what everyone thinks as I want to narrow it down. Thanks in advance

Girls: Arbor, Avery, Ayla, Blakely, Brinley, Carys, Clara, Clea, Cora, Ella, Elliot (nn Ellie), Emma, Everly, Finley, Gabriella, Halle, Harper, Josephine, Juliet, Keely, Lydia, Molly, Nora, Olive, Penelope, Peyton, Piper, Quinn, Reese, Sophie, Stella, Violet

Boys: August, Bennett, Camden, Charlie, Cohen (I know the controversy around this name and am not trying to offend anyone, I just like the sound of it), Cole, Davis, Declan, Edward, Finn, Isaac, James, Jude, Julian, Lennox, Rhys, Theodore, Wesley, Weston

Girls:
    Arbor- I think this would be misheard as "Harper," and honestly I prefer Harper. Arbor isn't bad, I just think it'd be confusing.
    Peyton- Too masculine for my taste.
    Olive, Penelope- These names sound like jokes to me. They just seem like they're too much.
    Blakely, Brinley, Everly, Finley, Keely- These are all extremely trendy because of that -ley ending, and they already sound dated. This group of names is my least favorite on the list.
    Juliet, Cora, Carys, Clea, Emma, Nora, Stella, Josephine- Love these.
    Elliot- Just use Ella.

My favorites are, by far, Cora and Carys. Fantastic names!

August, Bennett, Charlie, Cole, Davis, Edward, Isaac, James, Jude, Julian, Theodore- I like these.
    Declan, Finn, Rhys, Wesley, Weston- Love these!
    Cohen- You can't use Cohen. It's a guilty pleasure. I know the sound is appealing, but there are thousands of names that sound great and won't be controversial. If there is such a huge chance that your child's name will be culturally disrespectful to any group, just give it up. You can maybe use Cowen, and definitely Cullen, Conan, or Owen, but not Cohen.

Girls
    Like: Avery (fave!), Cora, Gabriella, Juliet, Molly, Nora, Piper, Sophie, Stella, Violet,
    Dislike: Arbor, Blakely, Brinley, Keely, Peyton

Boys
    Like: Charlie, Edward, Finn, Julian, Theodore (fave!)
    Dislike: Cole, Davis, Wesley, Weston

The others are okay, those are the ones I feel strongly about! You have a good list, there's some gems on there!

Girls
    Love:
    Carys, Clara, Juliet, Lydia, Stella, Violet

Like:
    Cora, Emma, Keely (prefer Keeley), Molly, Olive, Sophie

Dislike:
    Arbor, Avery, Blakely, Brinley, Finley, Peyton, Piper, Quinn, Reese (mostly because they feel like boy's name to me and feel quite trendy)

Hate:
    Elliot (on a girl. Love it on a boy)

Boys
    Love:
    James, Jude, Theodore

Like:
    Bennett, Charlie, Cohen*, Edward, Finn, Isaac, Rhys
    *like based purely on how it sounds but for reasons you akready know I'd recommend not using it. I suggest Rowan or Owen instead.

Dislike:
    August, Camden, Lennox

The ones I haven't included don't induce a strong feeling either way.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

Girls:
    Arbor- Like the name in theory, and it's connotations, but it would be better as a middle
    Peyton- Too masculine
    Olive, Penelope- Cute and quirky, I I like the,
    Blakely, Brinley, Everly, Finley, Keely- These are all extremely trendy, sorry
    Juliet, Cora, Carys, Clea, Emma, Nora, Stella, Josephine- Love these, classic sounding and beautiful
    Elliot- if you want this name for a girl, use Elliette. It's a French name, diminutive of el names

August, Bennett, Charlie, Cole, Davis, Edward, Isaac, James, Jude, Julian, Theodore- I love these, classic and handsome.
    Declan, Finn, Rhys, Wesley, Weston- Love these!
    Cohen- Is just to controversial and I wouldn't want my baby's name to offend anyone.
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot