Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    Asa is my top choice for a boy, so I love it. I've seen it used on girls too, and I suppose it could work- but I think it's works better on a boy. I'm just not a fan of Rhys, Reese or Reece. I just don't like it for either sex. August (my second choice) is all boy to me. I love it, but I can't see it on a girl. Augusta is nice though.
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

August and Rhys I could actually see on a girl. I do prefer Reese for a girl, but they're pronounced the same. One word of warning with Asa (and Asher, too) is that they are both Biblical names. I've seen a number of posts as to why Jews may be offended by the use of Cohen... In the most respectful way that I can say this, it could be quite offensive to religious people if you name your daughter after a man in the Bible. I'd recommend Aysa, which is pronounced the same... but might be a tad less offensive.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Actually, I would love to see a little girl name Asa. Personally I prefer Asha, but I really like Asa too. Rowan and Asa, sounds great together. Rhys could definitely work, imo. But no to August, sorry.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair | Lucias
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Stellan | Amias

Definitely not Augusta, it's a whole different image and feel to me.

We're atheists, and with that statement alone I've probably offended a few religious people. Can't say I'm not used to it, but it's never something I intend to do. I meant does Asa appear too Bible-y, like the names Ezekiel, Abel, etc. are so strongly tied to the Bible?
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

IMO, Asa is very Biblical, like Ezekiel, Abel, Job, Ezra...they are not common enough to overcome the Christian overtone. I do like tfzolghadr's suggestion of Aysa - the 'y' makes the name feel more exotic and international.

Not a fan of Reese/Rhys/Reece, seems a bit flimsy. Plus, you'd have two names that begin with 'R'.

Of the three, I'd go with August.