Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    Asa is my top choice for a boy, so I love it. I've seen it used on girls too, and I suppose it could work- but I think it's works better on a boy. I'm just not a fan of Rhys, Reese or Reece. I just don't like it for either sex. August (my second choice) is all boy to me. I love it, but I can't see it on a girl. Augusta is nice though.
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

August and Rhys I could actually see on a girl. I do prefer Reese for a girl, but they're pronounced the same. One word of warning with Asa (and Asher, too) is that they are both Biblical names. I've seen a number of posts as to why Jews may be offended by the use of Cohen... In the most respectful way that I can say this, it could be quite offensive to religious people if you name your daughter after a man in the Bible. I'd recommend Aysa, which is pronounced the same... but might be a tad less offensive.
    Emiliana Pari (or Valentina Hasti?) Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia
    Camellia Seraphine, Jessamine Ara

Actually, I would love to see a little girl name Asa. Personally I prefer Asha, but I really like Asa too. Rowan and Asa, sounds great together. Rhys could definitely work, imo. But no to August, sorry.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna.
    21 years old name nerd. Finally done with uni.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias

Definitely not Augusta, it's a whole different image and feel to me.

We're atheists, and with that statement alone I've probably offended a few religious people. Can't say I'm not used to it, but it's never something I intend to do. I meant does Asa appear too Bible-y, like the names Ezekiel, Abel, etc. are so strongly tied to the Bible?
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

IMO, Asa is very Biblical, like Ezekiel, Abel, Job, Ezra...they are not common enough to overcome the Christian overtone. I do like tfzolghadr's suggestion of Aysa - the 'y' makes the name feel more exotic and international.

Not a fan of Reese/Rhys/Reece, seems a bit flimsy. Plus, you'd have two names that begin with 'R'.

Of the three, I'd go with August.