Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Yes, for a girl...

I'm considering adding the names Asa, Rhys, and August to my list of firsts (boy or girl)

I understand it's a hated practice on here, but I still need feedback and thoughts on my choices.

I would use the spelling Rhys only, but do you think people would still immediately think of Reese Witherspoon? Is Asa overtly religious sounding? Other thoughts?
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Asa made me think of the character from 'One Life to Live', Is it also religious?

I don't like Asa for either, or that spelling of Reese. With August I'd say just use Augusta.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

I think all three names are nice and none of them make me think of anything negative. Asa is fairly unusual in Australia, so I'm probably not the best person to comment on that one. The Rhys spelling is more masculine than Reese, but less likely to make people think of Reese Witherspoon. August is nice, but Augusta is better. I think I still prefer Merit and Sawyer from your list of girls names. Of the ones you just suggested, August would be my choice.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I've always thought Asa would work well on a girl, but August, though I love the imagery, feels is too heavy and clunky for a girl. Rhys could work.
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot