Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I really don't like Asa. Rhys isn't bad either I don't really think of Reese Witherspoon since its spelt totally different. . but August is my favorite.
    I like the sound of Rowan and August. Esoecially if you pair it with a nice middle. At one point long time ago i had August Rose on my list. So i may be a sucker for it. But Rowan and Rhys is cute too. I just dislike when sibs have the same letter names. That's only me though.
    TTC #1
    Hoping to have a little Ragazzo or Ragazza soon.

I love August for either and think its super with Rowan.

Asa. I think that can work. I don't find it overly religious. I think it has a warm and appealing sound like Rowan.

Rhys is the one I'm iffy on. That spelling feels inherently masculine. I'm also liking the diversity a name like August brings to the set, whereas Rowan and Rhys feel more "paired," if you will. I think Rhys helps the Reese Witherspoon connection from taking over, though.

A friend with a little Rowan just welcomed a new baby in May: Raleigh, like Sir Walter.

Best of luck!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Favorites - Eliza, Phoebe, Juliet, Archer, Ronan, Jude

I'm Christian and didn't even recognize Asa as a biblical name. I think its lovely on its own for a boy or girl, and of the three, i like the way it flows with Rowan.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

Yeah, I can't really give any constructive advice. One of my pet peeves is boys names on girls. I don't get it. Why? There are too many gorgeous girls names out there to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by boyandgirl View Post
    Yeah, I can't really give any constructive advice. One of my pet peeves is boys names on girls. I don't get it. Why? There are too many gorgeous girls names out there to choose from.
    This, but I especially don't like biblical boy names on girls and do get kind of irritated when I see it. I have no problem with people not being religious (in fact, we aren't super religious, either) but I just get kind of irked that people take names from my religion just seems, well, wrong. It's especially wrong if the person is atheist, IMO.

Since August is a nature-y name, I think it works best with Rowan.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly