Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lucius

15 28.85%
  • Lucian/Lucien

37 71.15%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lucius or Lucian?

I'm just interested in seeing which form is preferred on Nameberry. I've lumped the spellings of Lucian together, since I want to see which ending is the favorite, S or N. I love both forms; which one is my favorite depends on the day. They both have pros and cons.

Feel free to comment, especially on how you pronounce the names and why you prefer one over the other (Lucius Malfoy comes to mind...)
    Thanks!
    Last edited by auroradawn; June 21st, 2013 at 06:44 PM.
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

Lucien for me as in Freud.
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.

I prefer Lucius. Sure, there's Malfoy, but I prefer the "s" endings over the "n" endings. They feel cooler and classier to me.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Giving this a nudge back to the first page...Lucius remains ahead by one vote so far!
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

Lucius, hands down. It's more esthetically pleasing to my eyes, I love the two s-sounds, it feels light a starry ice cold winter's night, like a whisper... And there's Lucius Malfoy. Now, I know he's not the nicest man in the Harry Potter universe, but man is he hot!!! In the books, yes, and the movies... major crush on Jason Isaacs in general, but the hair and the clothes and the ice cold manners is just too good. I'm in general fascinated by the hotti-ness of the Harry Potter movies. But I'm going to stop as this is not a hot man discussion. Bad pregnant lady!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]