Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Russian

Russian

I'm in love with Russian boy names, but my husband thinks they are too unusual or sound girly. Some favorites include Aleksei, Mikhail, Nikolai and Ilya. My husband is part Russian, so I don't think my choices are that unusual. I've poured through name lists to find names more commonly used in Russia that he would like. Please give me some usable suggestions that could work and opinions on using Russian names in America.

Dimitri
    Isaak
    Konstantin
    Lev
    Luka
    Pavel
    Sergei

Russian male names: http://www.behindthename.com/names/b...s&value_gender[]=masculine&type_usage=1&operator_usage=is&value_us age[]=russian

Top 10: http://isabellasnow.hubpages.com/hub...Boys-and-Girls
    Last edited by calista; June 21st, 2013 at 04:37 PM.

Grischa- Rhymes with Mischa, it's like Russian Greg. It makes me think of Grey & reminds me of the name Mischa without any connection to an American d list starlet
    Evgeniy- Yev-gzenie. Like Eugene, but I like how soft the name is.

Konstantin, Boris & Maxim are stronger sounding choices that I really like.

Alexi, Leo, Dmitri, Anton and Maxim are my fav Russian names...
    Emiliana Pari (or Valentina Hasti?) Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia
    Camellia Seraphine, Jessamine Ara

I assume your more drawn to the more "Russian sounding" names but here are a few that work well in Europe and the US that are also Russian.

Yulian
    Anton
    Feliks
    Sasha
    Igor
    Adrian
    Boris
    Misha
    Vitali

You could also name a son Elijah and nn Ilya. Provided you like Elijah and your DH would agree.
    Aurelia - Endora - Illyria - Lorelei - Merida - Ofelia - Penrose - Tabitha - Viola - Zenobia
    Alaric - Anton - Cedric - Dexter - Erich - Felix - Hector - Hendrik - Leonidas - Victor
    Engaged to the best Man in the World. (God-mama to Lawrence, a little bundle of sunshine).