Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Duncan's here!

Duncan's here!

Duncan Tatsui Tyndale, nn Tate.

Tatsui means "boar dragon" in Japanese. It's in honor of Tatsui Sato, who translated the Book of Mormon from English to Japanese.

Tyndale honors William Tyndale, the English martyr who translated the Bible and died at the stake in 1536.

He is a cheerful, chubby, rugged fellow and we are all thrilled to have him!

Duncan is little brother to: William Takashi, Reilly Sentaro, Bronwen "Buffy" Fumie, Hilani "Hanibee" Hisamarie, Sakura "Suki" LouJean, Musashi "Moose" Dustin and Cora Dove Columbia Megumi.

Congrats to you and your family on the safe arrival of your baby boy, Duncan Tatsui Tyndate. So happy to see that someone else loves the name Duncan! Kudos to you for having such a large family!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Oh yes, I like Duncan too, and I love seeing Tyndale in there! Congratulations. Your children's names are such a fun mixture of cultures.

Best wishes!
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

Quote Originally Posted by sachiko View Post
    Duncan Tatsui Tyndale, nn Tate.

Tatsui means "boar dragon" in Japanese. It's in honor of Tatsui Sato, who translated the Book of Mormon from English to Japanese.

Tyndale honors William Tyndale, the English martyr who translated the Bible and died at the stake in 1536.

He is a cheerful, chubby, rugged fellow and we are all thrilled to have him!

Duncan is little brother to: William Takashi, Reilly Sentaro, Bronwen "Buffy" Fumie, Hilani "Hanibee" Hisamarie, Sakura "Suki" LouJean, Musashi "Moose" Dustin and Cora Dove Columbia Megumi.
    Congrats! And so glad to see another Mormon on here! Tatsui is a really awesome name (and I love the religious meaning behind it), and Duncan is one of my all-time favourite names...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Thanks for all the kind replies!