Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    @scarlett - It's highly unlikely to get pregnant on your period. However, as Andie said, some women ovulate close to their period, so they could get pregnant right after. If you're not pregnant this month, track your cycle next month. The most likely time of ovulation is fourteen days before your period (or thereabouts).
    Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Albert - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

My 2cents

#1 took about two goes after coming off the pill (was on it for about 15years). Sadly this pregnancy ended in a miscarriage and a D&C.
    #2 I waited for 2 periods after miscarriage and then fell pregnant with my daughter.
    #3 when my daughter just turned 1 we decided to try again. And in fact, I was actually already pregnant with my son and didn't know I was till a week after we decided to go for it again! So that one was easy!
    TTC #4 been actively trying for about 3 months. But this last month is the first time I have actually tracked my ovulation by peeing on a stick. I'm fortunate I have a regular cycle and the stick test was pretty much spot on as to when I expected to ovulate. So there was just a lot more "action" over the 4-5 day ovulation window
    Having said all that, just because you have sex during your ovulation window doesn't make it a guarantee that you will get pregnant but if your aren't ovulating then you will NOT get pregnant. The sperm and the egg have to go hand in hand. But all the talk about ovulating 14 days before your period is due is classed as the "norm". Some women don't ovulate every month, some women don't have a regular cycle, some women ovulate early or late. So if you are trying to fall pregnant and are determined to try and do it in your window, then track it. If you are keen just to give it a try any time then have sex every 2nd day for a few months and see what happens. Trust me, in my case, after having 2 kids I have to be much more organised in timing this one!!
    Last edited by ktook76; June 23rd, 2013 at 10:57 PM.
    Mummy to the gorgeous Alice Heather and the delicious Harry George

Bubba #3 due March 2014! Finalising short list of favourite names!

With Matilda we stopped preventing it and let nature do what it was going to do.
    With Eloise we tried twice and were successful. With Walter and the twins, I got pregnant while breast feeding so we weren't actively trying.
    With this pregnancy we tried for about 6 months before we got success.
    This one might be the last. But I love being pregnant so may e not.
    Happily married mother of six, Matilda, Eloise, Walter and twins Ramona and Bernadette and newest addition Arthur.

I guess it is just different for everyone I just feel like it is so hard trying to pin point when your egg is being released. So trying every other day during that time is probably our best bet. I get my period next week so we will really see but I have this weird feeling it did not work this time around.

Did you berries know after you tried or not really?? My friend said after they tried she knew she was prego with her son then took a test a few weeks later and came out positive.
    TTC #1
    Hoping to have a little Ragazzo or Ragazza soon.

Quote Originally Posted by milasmama View Post
    How old are you, Scarlett, if you don't mind me asking? I conceived Mila by accident when I was 22... On the mini pill. She was born when I was 23. Now I'm 26 and this is our first month TTC number 2. My husband and I have sex most days so we haven't done much differently this month, although I did make sure we dtd during the days I thought I was fertile... Bit confused about which days those actually were though, lol.

I am 23 going to be 24 in September. I don't mind! I am in the same boat as you. I have looked into ovulation calculators online but they always say something different. I know I always begin to ovulate I think now at the beginning of the week. And it is always two weeks after my period because I get cramps on either side and my body feels off. I think it was too late this time by the time we decided to not wait anymore. So I have a feeling it got messed up this time around.
    TTC #1
    Hoping to have a little Ragazzo or Ragazza soon.