Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I found nameberry.com about 3 years ago when a friend of the family's son was born. I loved all the lists of names and found it very helpful to give them some ideas.

I didn't sign up until last year but I used to read through the forums and I loved how nice you berries are and give such hood feedback and opinions.

Through nb I've fallen in love with other names that I never thought I would like.

My family think I'm obsessed because I talk about names I find here all the time.
    for every dark night, there is a brighter day

Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    What I like most about NB is the conversational quality you can have with other people about topics we all enjoy - and it doesn't have to end on the thread. Back a few years ago when NB was a smaller beast, and Susan and Jane were still around, and all the posters seemed to "know" each other, we were a little happy family. Now, there's a little more input, a little more head butting, and maybe a few more kinks in the system, but I think NB Forums are on their way to creating that nice big family everyone is after, even if the annoying little sister comes a'lurking every once in a while (we still love her).
    Lemon - you are so right!

As for me, NB is an easy forum to fall in love with - even if you are past the baby-naming stage. Having been a name-lover for so long, it is nice to come to a site where you can give other people advice about names, or just talk about names and their history.
    Last edited by kyemsma; June 23rd, 2013 at 02:53 PM.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

The Classics: Caroline, Catherine, Elizabeth; Benjamin, James, Luke
    Celtic Flair: Annabel, Claire, Maeve; Evan, Liam, Patrick
    Short & Sweet: Eve, Jane, Rose; Hugh, Jack, Leo

People in other forums tended towards generic trendy or overused names. I also didn't like how everyone thought it was more unique and original to misspell a name (Kennidi, Olyviya, Elissabith etc.), then to look for names that were actually unique and original and underused. I liked discovering new names from different countries and eras on this site and I like that the forums here have smart and mature people, more willing to help you choose middle names, good flows, less used alternatives etc.
    ~Ladies~ Francesca*Penelope*Clara*Perla*Mirabella*Mia*Adeli na*Anya*Karina*Georgiana*Flora
    ~Gentlemen~ Roman*Deacon*Florian*Theodore*Felix*Dominic*Sebast ian*Luca*Duncan*Fabian*Bodhi*Pascal*Levi

There are other naming forums?

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

haha, I feel bad, because I never really wanted to join Nameberry. I had no desire to. I first joined parentsconnect.com and loved it there--about four years ago, the community there seemed pretty close to what it is here now. I loved that place, it was where I first really got seriously interested in names, and they were my naming family. Someone even suggested that I check out Nameberry because they thought I'd like it, and I looked Nameberry up, and I was like, "Nah." I just had no desire to come to Nameberry, hahaha! But then PC started to die out and it seems like more people like Nevaeh and Bentley on there than people who like Aurora and Calvin, or something along that caliber. I joined Nameberry because I thought as a whole, the members there shared my taste more than on the other website, and I was getting closer to graduating college, and I was looking more toward adoption and my future, and I wanted more serious input on names. I figured I'd post once and go back to PC, haha. That mostly happened at first--after my first response, I don't think I replied to anything for months--almost a year, even--but I was so bored with the other site, it just kept dying more and more. So now I'm here. And I'm not sad to be here, haha, Nameberry just sort of grew on me. I really thought at the beginning that Nameberry was this elitist, hoity-toity name destination, though, and for the longest time I didn't feel like I fit in. Oh well. I like it here now.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory