Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    haha, I feel bad, because I never really wanted to join Nameberry. I had no desire to. I first joined parentsconnect.com and loved it there--about four years ago, the community there seemed pretty close to what it is here now. I loved that place, it was where I first really got seriously interested in names, and they were my naming family. Someone even suggested that I check out Nameberry because they thought I'd like it, and I looked Nameberry up, and I was like, "Nah." I just had no desire to come to Nameberry, hahaha! But then PC started to die out and it seems like more people like Nevaeh and Bentley on there than people who like Aurora and Calvin, or something along that caliber. I joined Nameberry because I thought as a whole, the members there shared my taste more than on the other website, and I was getting closer to graduating college, and I was looking more toward adoption and my future, and I wanted more serious input on names. I figured I'd post once and go back to PC, haha. That mostly happened at first--after my first response, I don't think I replied to anything for months--almost a year, even--but I was so bored with the other site, it just kept dying more and more. So now I'm here. And I'm not sad to be here, haha, Nameberry just sort of grew on me. I really thought at the beginning that Nameberry was this elitist, hoity-toity name destination, though, and for the longest time I didn't feel like I fit in. Oh well. I like it here now.

I didn't know any other baby name forums existed! I just really liked Nameberry. My sister first suggested it, and now I use it more than her. Like you, OP, I find everyone extremely articulate, interesting and helpful. And I've found a place where I can discuss names for children I might never have, or ask why I should or shouldn't take a gap year. If I were to ask any of those things in real life, or Yahoo! Answers, I would either be ignored or ridiculed.
    And it helped morph my style in real life and with my writing. If I could go back in time and make my eleven year old self realize what I was doing when I named my British heroine Ashlyn... Anyway, I really love it here. I haven't used any other name forums since, because I know that nothing will compare!
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

Seriously, though, there are other name forums?! WHERE ARE THEY?

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Marlowe | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    Seriously, though, there are other name forums?! WHERE ARE THEY?
    Apparently. I find them incredibly illusive though, like the Loch Ness Monster.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by aj_bear View Post
    Apparently. I find them incredibly illusive though, like the Loch Ness Monster.
    I keep hearing about sightings, but I'm beginning to think these so-called "other forums" are only a myth...

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Marlowe | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...