Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I agree. I joined because the berries are generally articulate and share their honest opinions in a respectful, well-reasoned manner. They seem to be well read in more than just popular culture and are genuinely helpful when discussing baby names. If you find a baby name you aren't familiar with, it's a good bet someone on these boards will know something about it, or know where to look. And people don't think you're crazy for loving names, even if you're not pregnant :P
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

I used to go on Yahoo Answers, but I got tired of all the rudeness. It seemed like no matter what question was asked, most people had to leave some of the most rude comments I've ever seen, and I just got sick of it. I could handle the short answers and grammar, but not the maturity level. I had been lurking on Nameberry's list section for a while, and finally just decided to make an account. And here, as alexa400 stated, you can talk about names without the automatic assumption that you're pregnant or TTC.
    Ian Alexander Cameron Blaise Damien Cole Axel Sean Callum Bryce Lennox Beau
    Blair Annevieve Camryn Atalya Piper Caydence Tallulah Sage Senna Kai Haven Lux

I was name forum lurker for a long time before I joined Nameberry. Nameberry is the only name forum I actully joined because it was the only forum where I felt like people weren't being extremely judgmental and rude if they didn't like the name being discussed, or suggesting people should kre8tyve spellings to stand out. I have found that on Nameberry even if people don't like a name or someones name combo they aren't rude (generally!) and give constructive criticism.
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

Beyond Jennifer & Jason was the first name book I bought, when I was in high school. It's still one of my favorites, because of the way the names are categorized. It's so much easier to find a name that way than the typical alphabetical order you find in books. Anyway, the book was loaned out several times, and eventually never made it back home. I was googling names for a character a couple years ago and found NB. At the time, I didn't connect it with my first naming book. I noticed the similarities (which is why I bookmarked it and kept coming back), but didn't put it together until a year ago. As soon as I made the connection I did a happy dance and wanted to join. If I remember correctly, I officially joined because of the thread asking if Douglass on a female could work, and I've loved Douglass on a woman ever since I was a 14-year-old reading A Knight in Shining Armor under the covers.

I've stayed because there are so many wonderful members with such interesting things to say about a variety of topics.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Undomiel Snow ● Isabeau Sophronia Blanche ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Ilythia Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

Although I am annoyed, because some berries think there are superior names, I think this is great place if you can't stand rude or "heavy" responses. People usually ignore topics which contains names they hate, but that's actually great. No rude or responses that are too much.
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country