Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Clara? What do you think?

I really like Claire but my husband doesn't. He likes Clara though. Claire is really popular too. I am not sure what to think of Clara. I don't dislike it. What kind of person do you think of when you hear the name Clara? Is it too old-fashioned? Please be honest any opinions are welcomed Thank you!!

Honestly, I like Claire so much more. I don't think of a person when I see Clara, I think of a cow (mainly because of Clarabelle Cow, the Disney character). I don't really see it as old fashioned, but there's a little bit of dust on it. I think it's one of those names that everyone knows, but not every other girl is named it. Perhaps something like Clarissa or Allaire for a compromise?
    Last edited by tay2thestars; June 21st, 2013 at 02:30 PM.
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

I think Clara is a lovely name - loved it from the moment I read Heidi as a child! I think it's pretty and quite European - as you can tell - I am a fan

I love the name Clara, but I'm English so I might have a different view of it. Certainly never heard it being referred to as a cow's name before. To me the name brings to mind a poised, intelligent young lady. Not the loudest in the group, but knows what she wants and certainly no push over.
    My Top 10 Girls Names: Astrid, Elara, Evelyn, Hannah, Hester, Lorna, Megan, Ophelia, Sylvia, Tabitha
    My Top 10 Boys Names: Alistair, Andrew, Graeme, Hamish, Leopold, Martin, Peter, Rupert, Tobias, William
    Guilty Pleasures: Athena, Aurelius, Damaris, Digory, Hermione, Isis, Phineas, Loki, Myrtle, Nymeria, Nyx, Orion

I actually really love Clara.
    I have nothing but lovely, fresh, happy thoughts connected with it.
    It makes me think of clear blue skies, and crisp red grape juice, and soft skirts laying on grass.

Claire is okay, but it's a little more flat (rather than the roundedness of Clara), and you could always use Claire as a nn if you named her Clara.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin