Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Violet with our last name...no?

My husband and I both like the name Violet. However, our last name is Sibert (pronounced "sigh-bert"). Is Violet Sibert way too truncated/choppy?

Also, we have one daughter and her name is Mila. I feel like Mila and Violet might make it sound like we are celebrity name copycats (Mila Kunis, Violet - Garner/Affleck girl).

The other hesitation I have is that people would maybe call her "Vi" which I don't really like.

Thoughts?

It is one letter away from rhyming, so it's not the best flow. But if you absolutely love it more than any other names I would use it. I would not worry about the celebrity names, they're not in the same family and it's not like these are unheard of names. I think Mila & Violet are beautiful.

Have you considered:

Hazel
    Poppy
    Scarlet
    Maeve
    Rose
    Cora
    Esme
    Daisy
    Juliet
    Ruby
    Isabel
    Genevieve

There's also the option of Viola but that's a little matchy with Mila....
    Cora Madeleine~Dahlia Vesper~Fiona Elspeth~Gwyneth Rosalie~Hazel Matilda~Margot Eliza~Sylvie Eloise~Vivienne Esme
    Arlo Vincent~Callum Ezra~Emmett Sebastian~Evander Leo~Julian Matteo~Lucian Xavier~Milo Everett~Theo Jameson

I don't think there's any problem with sisters named Mila and Violet, but I do think the sounds in Violet are too close for comfort with your last name.
    ----
    Mom to N
    Malcolm, Tristan, Aaron, Garrett, Vincent
    Iris, Bridget, Bonnie, Averill, Petra

I'm not a huge fan of Violet Sigh-bert, but Mila and Violet feel too close to me. If you're yelling from the other room, it'll be hard to tell which kid you mean if all they catch is the "ile" sound in the middle.

It is a little rhymey. But, if you love it, it is not that big of a deal.