Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Old and ugly. Sorry.

I thought I was the only one that liked this name! I think I missed the memo that said this is the quintessential grandma name because it sounds ready for a comeback to me. I like the 'th' sound in the middle and it sounds similar to other names that are popular right now with the 'el' sound. I like it a lot and maybe it's because I've never actually known an old lady with the name. If Dorothy and Cora can come back, surely Ethel can too.
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

I kind of like it. Maybe it has grown on me because of Downton Abbey? Anyway, I don't see how it's any more "old" than Hazel or Edith or Agnes or any of the other "vintage" names popping up lately.

I think it is okay.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

I don't think it is awful but I do think it could be a hard name to carry. It wouldn't be hard to be a pretty Ethel, but an Ethel who was awkward might find it a bit harder.
    Mama to my dear little bear <3