Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Larke and Uuna

Larke and Uuna

1a)What are your thoughts on Larke and Uuna? I've liked Lark for a long time but came across Larke today. Larke looks softer... but it also makes me want to say "larr-ka" (like with the schwa on the end, like for Elke). 1b) Any thoughts on Larka? and apparently i can't make paragraphs on my phone so sorry about that. 2) What are your thoughts on Oona & Uuna. Do you have a preference? Thanks so much!
    Lucia
    Eleanora, Iris, Maeve, Sela
    Balthazar, Bastian, Caius, Gideon

I do like Larke.
    I can't say that I've ever seen Uuna before though and I don't like it at all. When I look at it I want to say Ulna, (like the bone) it's a big no for me.
    ♂ Atticus, August, Benedict, Francisco, George ♂

♀ Audrey, Lana, Marisol ♀

1. Lark or Larka would be pretty. I don't think I'd go for Larke.

2. I like the name, but would only spell it Oona or Una. Uuna looks bizarre to me and I agree with the pp, it does resemble the bone when with that spelling.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

1. I prefer Lark or Larka. Laerke (with an umlaut over the a) is, I believe, a real name in Dutch or Danish or something, and in that case the e is definitely a schwa. I think Larke with a decorative e doesn't quite work with English spelling rules - I mean people would get it, but I don't think you'd ever really see Marke or Clarke or something? Maybe Clarke. Hmm. Still, I'd stick with Lark or Larka (or Larken?)

2. I love Oona, like Una OK, and don't really care for Uuna.

I prefer Lark to Larke and Larka.

Oona is my preferred spelling, followed by Una. Uuna just looks wrong.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly