Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by habert View Post
    Everyone jelly!
    lololololololol
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

I still don't understand the people who are pressed about them "taking" the name, but I suppose it's what you make of it. I personally couldn't have cared less had they used one of my favourite names, but that might just be me.

Just for the kicks, I hope that a possible future sister will be called Mae.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

My knee jerk reaction is to feel sorry for the sweet, little baby girl. But then I realize she is worth more money than I will ever set eyes upon my entire life and realize, she's gonna be juuuuuuuuust fine.
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

Love the suggestion it should've been Kita - a perfect compromise between the meaning he wanted and the K she wanted (anyone who's watched the show knows she's always wanted K names for her kids). Plus it's Japanese, which Nori is anyway. And it sounds more feminine. And it's clever. Yeah, love Kita for baby Kimye!

But I prefer naming your child what you plan to call them i.e. naming her Nori, not North. It's different when nicknames come about naturally, or if the full name has a traditional meaning. But in this case, if they're going to call her Nori, why not just name her that in the first place? (Though does it make anyone think of sushi?!)

PS I'm going to guess that 'Nori' was the best compromise Kim could come up with to counter Kanye's narcissism and control.