Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cimorene

Cimorene sounds exactly like a princess from a fantasy book series should sound. That said, I don't think it translates well in real life and reminds me too much of cinnamon and symbol.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I think it's stunning and is visually appealing, but like the previous person has mentioned, I don't think it translates too well.
    ♂ Atticus, August, Benedict, Francisco, George ♂

♀ Audrey, Lana, Marisol ♀

Alzora-dear, I feel the same way. And, the cinnamon association warms my heart, so sweet. <3 your Narnia names . I've never heard Thurlow before, that IS a cool name.

sansa_nanami, glad you like it! Isn't that the worst? When you doom the future usage of a name for yourself? I've done that with a few beautiful names. Sigh. I feel for you with your Harlan.

r_j YES, they are wonderful books aren't they?? I am definitely checking my library to see if they have any of them for some rereading . I adore your association with shimmering water, water dancing with sunlight, what a beautiful image for a name to elicit .

theclocktowerofjoy, woohoo, happy to hear that! You guys are convincing me to put it on my long list -maybe just for a middle name, but still.

scarletrune, it is princessy in that adventurous heroine way. Thanks for your comment. I can see why the closeness to those words might make it harder to use in real life.

montanarose, thank you! I am undecided on it for a first name but I think we'll consider it for a middle name -for a hypothetical, future baby.

Thanks for your opinions everyone, they really help. <3
    Mama to my dear little bear <3

Quote Originally Posted by cygnus View Post
    scarletrune, it is princessy in that adventurous heroine way.
    That's not what I meant but okay. It's princessy in that frilly, making up a name that sounds like a princess name way.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Quote Originally Posted by scarletrune View Post
    That's not what I meant but okay. It's princessy in that frilly, making up a name that sounds like a princess name way.
    Yea, I'd have to agree with this.
    Honestly, it sounds like someone liked the named Cinnamon but thought it sounded too hookerish, so they added a French ending to make it "different".
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin