Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Oh, sorry. The Shakespeare fan in me was just thinking of King Richard and King Duncan. In which case, with the new surname, most of my previous post doesn't apply, except for the suggestions list. Oh, and Noah's presence on it - Noah wouldn't really work with any body part surname due to if it gets shortened in the playground to No. No Foot, No Hand, etc.

And sorry if this seems ignorant, but how exactly does Duncan not go with that surname? Richard I get, but I can't work Duncan out. Is it because it can sound like dunking?

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Are the -rick/-ric names out for you as well? Fredrick, Alaric, Ulric etc?
    Presumably all William derivatives are off as well?

How about:
    Theodore nn Theo, Teddy and Thor?
    James/Jameson nn Jamie and Jay
    Edwin nn Eddy or Teddy or Win
    Davenport nn Dave or Port/Porter
    Evander nn Evan
    Alfred nn Al or Fred (might not be great if the kid blushes easily but then Red Head might not be avoidable and really isn't that bad)
    Jasper nn Jazz
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...

Quote Originally Posted by essjay View Post
    And sorry if this seems ignorant, but how exactly does Duncan not go with that surname? Richard I get, but I can't work Duncan out. Is it because it can sound like dunking?
    That's what I guessed when I first read the post, too. *shrug*

Anyway, I really think almost any name would work (with the exception of Richard and a few others). It's just a somewhat unfortunate last name. Kids are going to think it's a little silly regardless of the first name. Just pick something you love that fits the style of Samantha/Sammy - nothing too unusual, nothing too modern nor too old-fashioned, and something with a nickname option would be nice. What about Nicholas (nn Nick, Nico, Cole) or Benjamin (nn Ben, Benji)?

I knew someone very dear with this last name, who carried it well, his first name was Thomas. I think Thomas pairs nicely with Samantha - Biblical ties (there's not a Biblical Samantha, but it's Hebrew and relates to Simon and Samuel), some of the letters are the same, and Tom and Sam / Tommy and Sammy are cute.