Results 1 to 5 of 8
Thread: Part Three...
March 5th, 2014 05:13 PM #1
I know I'm posting way too many of these way too often, but remember, my list is LONG, and if I only did these once every day or two days, I'd never get through the list.
32. Charlotte Sue
38. ChloeRaevyn, a pre-teenberry.Proper names are poetry in the raw. Like all poetry they are untranslatable. ~W.H. Auden
Marina, Kate, Audrey, Blossom. Talia, Monica, Ann, Lileas, Margaret, Astoria, Claudia, Beatrice, Phaedra
Finn, Cecil, Cove, Peregrine, Calix, Remus, Will, Atticus, Clarence, Jonas, Patch, Basil, Alistair
March 5th, 2014 05:44 PM #3
March 5th, 2014 05:59 PM #5
21. Delores - I think of Umbridge from Harry Potter, not a nice association.
22. Liberty - Maybe as a middle name.
23. Mimosa - I think of the cocktail honestly.
24. Arietta - I've never heard of it but I kind of like it. It's like an extra frilly Aria. (I prefer Aria but Arietta is quite cool. It's growing on me by the second.)
25. Sunflower - as a middle name. I personally like floral names that don't have the word flower in them. I'm not sure why.
26. Esperanza - I don't like it but I don't hate it either.
27. Kalani - Cute.
28. Sandy - Grease is the word. (Not a bad association)
29. Anita - Not my style but not a bad name.
30. Rejoice - Don't like this.
31. Roberta - Don't like this much either.
32. Charlotte Sue - I like Charlotte. Not really Sue.
33. Jersey - I think Shore.
34. Ivory - Not terrible.
35. Ruby - I like this.
36. Serenade - I prefer Serena. I don't really like verb names. When you call a name it sounds like you're telling them what to do instead of calling a name.
37. Calliope - I like this.
38. Chloe - I like this but it's become pretty popular recently."Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain.
(mckaylalove is an almost anagram made up of mine and my siblings' first and middle names. My name isn't Mckayla.)
March 5th, 2014 06:52 PM #7Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2014
Delores -- Not a fan.
Liberty -- Okay
Mimosa -- Though also a tree, it's commonly associated with the very popular cocktail. I have a feeling that would be people's main association. I love Liliosa -- similar vibe.
Arietta -- Love, love. On my long list.
Sunflower -- cute middle.
Esperanza -- lovely, but would need heritage / connection to back it up.
Kalani -- cute, but would need some heritage / connection to use personally.
Sandy -- Not a fan.
Anita -- I have a cousin with this name. She's lovely. I like it.
Rejoice -- I know this only as a word and the name of a boat, so it doesn't work for me. Again, can't get past the fact that it's a verb.
Roberta -- a little frumpy. Though I know a couple girls that go by Bobbie with this name and find it so cute.
Charlotte Sue -- Cute but a little … backwoods…as a double fn.
Jersey -- No. I don't mind that it's a place name. I do mind that it's the name of a type of shirt. It also just doesn't sound that great on the ears. As a middle with the right intention to back it up.
Ivory -- It could work I guess. If anything, I prefer it as a middle.
Ruby -- More wearable than Ivory.
Serenade -- I know a girl with this name so it could work. I like it better in theory, not so much the way it actually sounds.
Calliope -- Not a fan of "-ope" names personally, but it's very wearable and a lot of people love it.
Chloe -- cute, and chic in a way.
March 5th, 2014 07:12 PM #9Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2014
21. Delores- I hate Delores because of Harry Potter.
22. Liberty- It's ok. maybe a middle name.
23. Mimosa- It's ok, but I'm not a fan.
24. Arietta- My favorite from your list.
25. Sunflower- Eh, a bit to disconnected. I wouldn't use it.
26. Esperanza- I like it!
28. Sandy-I wouldn't use it, but it's not terrible
29. Anita-It's ok
30. Rejoice- Do not like.
31. Roberta-Not my style
32. Charlotte Sue- I like Charlotte, but not Sue
33. Jersey- I personally wouldn't name my kid after what you wear to play sports.
34. Ivory- Not a fan
35. Ruby- I like it!
36. Serenade- Pretty, but probably just a middle name.
37. Calliope- Not wild about it, but I know an adorable little girl who's name is Calliope, and the NN Callie is cute.
38. Chloe- Common, but cute!Current names:
Girls: ~ Freya Joy ~ Rose Amelia ~ Ivy ~ Evelina ~ Violet ~ Everly ~ Darcy ~
Boys: ~ Darcy ~ Finn ~ Flynn ~ Owen ~ Benjamin ~