Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spring13 View Post
    I think you're int he clear. Something being contemporary/popular doesn't automatically make it trashy or pathetic - Kennedy, Morgan, or Sienna are at the modern-est fringe, and they're all totally reasonable.

You mentioned your MIL giving you opinions. For your own sake, DO NOT TELL HER ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT YOUR NAMING DECISION PROCESS! Keep it between yourself and DH and anonymous strangers on the net!
    well, my fiance has 4 younger sisters 8-14, so I often ask them about names they hear at school a lot, to see what's currently popular (which, yes, names like Emma, Leah, and Claire are pretty, but they're also as common as Ashley and Emily once were), and his mother wanted to help, so I allowed her, for the most part, she was a great help, but she's more old-fashioned I think. His sisters all have classic names.
    Soraya-Tallulah-Priya-Tiana-Georgiana-Beatrice-Annabella-Arabella

Patrick-Michael-Daniel-Simon-Oliver-Jake-Brogan-Elliot-Joel

~no babies yet, just in the planning stages~

Allegra - This is a beautiful name with a ton of history but I, especially if you are in the US, I find it ill-advised as one of the main association most people would have be the allergy medication. Naming you child after medication feels a bit "Teen Mom" to me.
    Deanna - what's wrong with Dean (for a boy) or Diana (for a girl)? Deanna feels a bit boarder line to me - like you wanted to name a child after a Dean but couldn't figure out the proper feminization.
    Dulcie - I think many people will think you made this up and therefore would consider it "Teen Mom"ish.
    Fallon - this is actually to masculine for my liking.
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)

Quote Originally Posted by lexiem View Post
    Allegra - This is a beautiful name with a ton of history but I, especially if you are in the US, I find it ill-advised as one of the main association most people would have be the allergy medication. Naming you child after medication feels a bit "Teen Mom" to me.
    Deanna - what's wrong with Dean (for a boy) or Diana (for a girl)? Deanna feels a bit boarder line to me - like you wanted to name a child after a Dean but couldn't figure out the proper feminization.
    Dulcie - I think many people will think you made this up and therefore would consider it "Teen Mom"ish.
    Fallon - this is actually to masculine for my liking.
    Deanna's after a famous Canadian actress (Dee-anna) and Dulcie is actually a historic name, and, we do not live in the US, so the medication's not a problem, considering it does not exist where we live
    Soraya-Tallulah-Priya-Tiana-Georgiana-Beatrice-Annabella-Arabella

Patrick-Michael-Daniel-Simon-Oliver-Jake-Brogan-Elliot-Joel

~no babies yet, just in the planning stages~

For what it's worth from another anony stranger on the web, none of those names sounded bad-reality-TV to me. I only think that with Elouise people might default spell it Eloise, since the latter is the more common form.
    Last edited by foebe; June 20th, 2013 at 07:51 PM. Reason: wonky reply

The only one I don't like is "Dulcie" because of the "DULL" part. I'm not sure if thats even the way its pronounced, but its what I immediately see. I also don't like Kennedy because I generally don't like boys names on girls. But none of them really scream "Teen Mom" to me.